Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:41 PM
JMB

Default prices dropping big time

I always check to see if the price of the cruise went down. We are sailing on the Glory on 4/10/04 and I saw on orbitz, and travelocity that the guar. inside is down to $499! I originally paid $849.00 for the same thing. The TA did give us a credit, so thats good, but from the looks of it the ship is not full at all. Maybe we will get an up-grade too!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Darrick

Default Re: prices dropping big time

I booked my cruise only about 2 weeks before embarking and got a 4 night / outside room for $250 which I thought was great. I'm not sure I could live with planning any vacation way in advance. The anticipation would kill me. Literally!
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:06 PM
Passenger

We got an upgrade from a cat 6 to a cat 11 yesterday for a march 28th cruise.I wonder if I should check to see if the price has dropped?Think we'd still be credited the difference even though we've been upgraded?

Sailing the Conquest
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:18 PM
TexCroozer

Dang! Upgraded from a 6 to an 11 and you are still wanting more? I would be so happy w/ that 11 and enjoy the heck out of it! Have a great time!
Old March 12th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Sherrii

Default Re: Re: prices dropping big time

We booked a cruise back in September...3 days ago my friend booked the exact same cruise but paid $200 less. We used the same TA, and we booked with Carnival. Should we get money back or a credit?
Old March 12th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: prices dropping big time

I would definately call your TA and see what they can do for you. Now it may be a special that is open only to new bookings and you would have to compare it to how much if any penalty you would have to lose due to cancelling but you just may be able to get the better rate as well.
Jim