CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Orlando to Port Canaveral (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/195542-orlando-port-canaveral.html)

Margaret March 15th, 2004 08:28 PM

Orlando to Port Canaveral

Am looking into cruises out of Port Canaveral. Would fly into Orlando. Need advice on hotel, and transportation to and from airport. What is the earliest I should book flight back home?

Clay B March 15th, 2004 09:48 PM

Re: Orlando to Port Canaveral

We just sailed the Mariner of the Seas from Canaveral. We bought the transfers(on bus) from Royal Caribbean. As much as I loved the cruise, it was a hassle....
We had to claim our baggage, drag it to the bus, ride the bus for an hour, then give the luggage to the porter. On our return, one of our friends missed his flight because Royal Caribbean screwed up our flight times... I'd just rather sail from Ft. Lauderdale. The airport is right there, and we always take a taxi. Real easy!

bill123 March 16th, 2004 06:12 AM

we are sailing the 29th of may and are flying in the day before to orlando have rented a car and are staying at the radison in port canaveral there is an avis drop off one block from the hotel and they have a shuttle to take you to the ship. this was the most cost afective way , my wife reseached them all.

can't wait March 16th, 2004 06:20 AM

Get the transfers from the Crusie line. Make sure your flight is not before 3pm you may have to sit in the airport and wait but if things run behind (ie customs and checking off the ship) you may not have to wait long at the airport. Be carefull with flight sometime booking threw the crusieline is more expensive than booking the flights sperate from the crusie. I think if you book the crusie seperate from air you can still purchase that airport transfers to the port from the crusie line.

Darcy March 16th, 2004 07:50 AM

I booked a private car through Legacy Limo Service. There was six of us and as I recall it was $120 each way.

Darcy

Darrick March 16th, 2004 09:22 AM

It's not really a big hassle if you allot yourself enough time to get everything done. I arrived in Orlando @ 12pm the day of my cruise which left enough time to get to the port by the 5pm embarking. I planned my flight back home at 4pm on the day that we were to return to port at 8am.

I think many people have trouble when they try to book everything with no time to spare in between.

Just my $0.14

Bev Rach March 16th, 2004 10:41 AM

We arrived in Orlando the day before our cruise and had a nice evening and dinner out.We stayed at the Country Inn Airport.The next day we were shuttled by Alpha Omega Trans.to the port.After the cruise we were picked up once again by the same shuttle and returned to the same hotel.$60 round trip for 2.No hassles.We were back by 11am and had a beautiful day in Orlando . We went to Seaworld and out for dinner.Our flight home left the next morning after a good nitghts sleep.Hope this helps.It was nice to have the extra time.Have fun!

Le March 16th, 2004 12:48 PM

Bev Rach - Is Alpha Omega Trans. Shuttle something you set up through the hotel or direct with the shuttle company? That sounds like the best deal I have heard of yet! $60, RT for 2 is amazing!
Le

cruznRN March 16th, 2004 10:30 PM

We have a Sept. 2004 Cruise booked out of Port Canaveral. Since I have cruise fever so badly, the only relief I can get is to "plan for the cruise" . I have booked a hotel for the night before thru priceline, we got the Radisson Plaza for $35/night. Our group of 6 has a 10 passenger limo, complete with a stocked bar, round trip for $45p/p. As for flight, depending on where you are flying from, there are some really good deals. We are flying out of the Midwest on ATA, for $59 each way. We could not drive for that price. I would recommend flying in the day before, just in case your luggage decides to take a different flight. We have booked a late evening (7:30p) flight after cruise , just in case.
I am running outta things to plan!!

lesley

Conquest 9/03
Glory 9/04

Bev Rach March 17th, 2004 10:58 AM

I found Alpha Omega on line by searching google for Port
Canaveral and there was an ad on the page (rt. side) .They have a certain group of hotels they service so we chose the
Country Inn.I hope this works for you.

UConn1 March 17th, 2004 04:49 PM

Some hotels in Orlando also offer shuttles to Port Canaveral. Just ask when you book hotel.

Le March 17th, 2004 05:01 PM

Thanks all!
CruznRN - The Glory departing on 9/4/04 is what we are looking at. When is your group of fellow Midwesterners going? (Am a Texan now.) Thanks for the Radisson/Priceline info too.
Le

Sooshie March 17th, 2004 10:27 PM

Just an idea. I've cruised from PC once before and we are doing the Disney cruise in May 04. There are private shuttles that will take you round trip for less than what the cruise shuttles charge. (try basik shuttle or happy limo). We have stayed at the Hilton Cocoa beach and it was very nice. They let us check out late so we could hang by the pool before heading to the ship. The taxi ride from the hotel was $15. For the return trip we book our flight after 6pm and what we do is go right from the port to an airport hotel and hang by the pool during the time before our flight. Most airport area hotels have a free shuttle to the airport. Those hotels are relatively cheap too. This way it takes the hassle out of sitting in the airport waiting and adds another day onto your vacation.

Susan