Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Beginner

Default Southern Caribbean Tour Suggestions

We are leaving April 10th for the Jubilee S. Caribbean... (Love the destinations, new for our boys) I like the idea of using some NON Carnival Shore Tours. (We've cruised 15 times and frankly need some new tours to try) Two boys 11 & 12 in tow...Any recomendations for:

St Thomas (Already have done Sub and Dive etc..., been there at least 5 times!)

Antiqua (Did Island jeep tour)

Dominica (NEW)

St Lucia (Catamaran to Pitons and "Drive in Volcano")

Casa De Campo (Have stayed at the resort several years ago for a week)

Thanks for the input!

Chris (It's snowing in Wisconsin!!!)

Carnival Destiny (3)
Carnival Spirit (1)
Carnival Triumph (2)
Celebration (1)
Ecstasy (1)
Fantasy (1)
Fascination (1)
Holiday (1)
Imagination (1)
Jubilee (2 )
Sensation (1)

Other Cruiselines...

Norwegian Sea (1)
Radisson Diamond (1)

Post Edited (03-18-04 17:43)
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2004, 12:24 PM
can't wait

Default Re: Southern Caribbean Tour Suggestions

I have notived that you have been on the Destiny & Jubilee
I would do thre Destiny again over the Jubilee the Jubilee is very old and from what I understand it is showing it's age quite a lot. You can have a good time on the Jubillee a vacation is all that you make of it and have heard the food & entertainemnt are great on both ships and the staff is what you expect however the Jubille & Destiny both do the Sothern Carr and the Destiny is Much bigger & newer . I also spoke to a carnival rep when we booked the Destiny (4/11/04) and she said the Jubuilee did so much port time not to over tax the engine ( I can't belive a Carnival would come out any say that) I also compared the price and at the time there was only $50 per per differece in price.

I have also been on the Jubilee 2 years ago and had a great time but the ship did look old then

Another thing to note they are pulling the Jubille in early may from the Southern carr to Jacksonville Fla for Bahama runs and are seelinf the ship to another line in August

I work someone who just got off the Destiny last week and said the Ship was beautiful
Old March 18th, 2004, 02:50 PM
theCoach

Try these websites:

Antigua lawrenceofantigua.com
St.Lucia jungletoursstlucia.com
Dominica kenshinterlandtours.com

Or just google for a specific island tours.

Have fun! We sail on Jubilee April 17.
Oh.....thanx for sending the snow up here to Toronto.

theCoach
Old March 18th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Beginner

Hi Can't Wait,

Yes I definitely prefer the Destiny over the Jubliee (ship wise) when it comes to ship vs. ship and we looked into the Destiny also. However, the itinerary on the Jubilee was what we wanted (Barbados & Aruba didn't excite us much) Loved St Lucia before and really wanted to show our boys the dormant volcano. You'll love the Desitiny and to all who are concerned on the Jubilee...Don't be! Just enjoy the great Itinerary! Also note we have been on two other cruise lines...
Norwegain Sea had nice ports but low service levels and ship was poor, never again.
Raddison Diamond had a great itinerary, beautiful ship and great service but MUCH TOO STUFFY and expensive. (Held your plates for you in the buffet line, instead of Calypso music it was a string quartet on deck, lounge singers for show etc...)

Chris (Snow stopped...now rain cold and fog YUCK!)

Carnival Destiny (3)
Carnival Spirit (1)
Carnival Triumph (2)
Celebration (1)
Ecstasy (1)
Fantasy (1)
Fascination (1)
Holiday (1)
Imagination (1)
Jubilee (2 )
Sensation (1)

Other Cruiselines...