Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:00 PM
obnurse

Default adding on Disney World to cruise

We're sailing out of Tampa in July and we'd like to add on a trip to Disney World. Any advise on how to do this the easiest and more cost-efficient way? Should we book this thru Carnival of do it on our own? Should we fly into Tampa and fly out of Orlando? Anyone done this before and how did it work out for you? Thanks!

Happy Cruising!
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: adding on Disney World to cruise

obnurse

I didn't do Disney but we did Universal last year for 2 days and then a cruise. We booked our own air into Orlando, stayed at the Sierra Suites hotel for a couple of nights and then cruised out of Port Canaveral. I arranged for private transportation through Legacy Limo service. It worked out fine. I have taken my kids to Disney before without a cruise. Again I've booked it myself as I found I could do it cheaper. Both times we went we stayed on property at one of the all star resorts. If your kids are young this is the way to go. We would go to the parks early, back to the room between 2-3 p.m. for a swim, nap, dinner, etc. and then go back to the parks at night. The All Star resorts have food courts that are pretty reaonable. I think when we were there 2 years ago a chicken fingers and fries dinner for the kids was $3.99. I would do Disney first and then the cruise. Much more relaxing that way. If you live near a disney store you can buy your park tickets there and then not have to wait in line when you get there. If your kids are 6 or less I would rent a stroller for the day. I found that my 6 y.o. got tired from all the walking and then was cranky. Once we got the stroller it was much better. It also gave us a place to put all of our stuff!
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at lowes1998@aol.com.

Darcy
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Julia Elzie

Hi,

I am a travel agent and my primary areas are Disney destinations and cruises. I think that it will be most flexible and the best value for your money to do your cruise and Disney World separately. You will have a lot more options for your hotels - be sure to stay on-site at one of the Disney hotels - and prices will probably be better on a package. Be sure to allow at least 2-3 days to see each of the theme parks at Disney World - Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom.

Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!

Best Regards,
Julia
Old March 19th, 2004, 07:08 PM
First Mate

I am going to book a package through www. getawaytoday . com maybe this will help you I found it to be a great deal beings they included 2 hoppre ticket for adults although I am going to disney land they also have packages for disney world..try it hope it helps
have a great time...................
Old March 19th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Yeoman

We just did the pkg..Go to WDW for 3 days and then the cruise for 4 days. You can do it seperately as well. THis was the only amt. of time we could take off. So it worked well for us. Was cheaper booking it with a pkg. instead of seperately.
We stayed at the Dolphin. Wonderful location and wonderful beds!!!! They upgraded us at no additional cost. But for sure, stay at a resort on WDW grounds.

We've cruised before, so we knew 4 days in NOT enough time to be on the ship...and it wasn't. You unpack and then you have to pack to leave.

CHeck it out both ways. I've heard many people say it's cheaper, and many others say it's cheaper in a pkg.

Personally, I think the Disney cruise is too much money. Our first and last time on their line. But with little ones, it's great. Ours aren't so little..13 and 15.
Old March 19th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Yeoman

Only Disney cruise lines will help you book a combination theme park/cruise. Other cruise lines will/cannot do that, as they have no Disney connection. If you're not on Disney, then you can book DW separately. Disney is REALLY protective of their theme parks and cruises, but there are some non-Disney companies that will do the combo package, but it will mean that you will either stay at the Swan or Dolphin hotel, as Disney does not own them - even though they're on Disney property.
Old March 20th, 2004, 04:08 PM
mar915

Default Re: Re: adding on Disney World to cruise

We are doing Universal for 2 days after our Glory trip. We will be there for the 4th of July so we are staying on the property and getting no wait lines for resort guest. We knew that Disney would be way to crowded for line waits.

Anyway, I find it cheaper doing it on your own not through Carnival. They had Orlando hotels alot more expensive then we got it.

We usually stay at the Swan/Dolphin and it is great location. Also if you have an Entertainment book they have 50% off depending on availablity.

Mary
Old March 21st, 2004, 01:32 PM
brock ward

We did the exact same thing last July 4 sailed on Sensation out of Tampa and then drove to Orlando (65 miles) and did 5 days at Disney we stayed at the Port Orleans at Disney and had a wonderful time. We booked our trip thruough a travel agent, Discount Travel of Arlington Tx, and they set up the curise, rent car, and Disney had no problems just a good time.