Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Passenger

Default Mistake on Docs

I received my Docs, Yea, but my name was spelled incorrectly. I also noticed that it said incomplete on my funn pass. I did not know we had to fill this out online. Anyway when I tried to change my name online I couldn't. I called my TA. She changed my name and I printed out the funpass info. My TA informed me that I have to change papers at the pier now. A few questions: 1) Do I still have to fill out the same info on the pages in my docs now that I have printed out the funpass info from online? 2) Can I still check in early on the Queen Mary (we are staying there overnight)? 3) Is this going to be a hassel for me? My TA said she can't send me new docs even though we are not leaving for 3 weeks and now I am very worried about this problem. Please help alleviate my worries if you can.
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2004, 10:42 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to pridevacation
Default Re: Mistake on Docs

I think CCL would have to charge you if you were to get a new set of docs. I am interested in what papers you are picking up at the pier? How far out did you pay your deposit? When your reservations came in from CCL, your name would have been mispelled on that too, did your TA not notice then? How much off is the name? Just mis-spelled or "Shirley" should be "Zora" kind of thing?

Darrell

June 4, 20004 American Queen
November 20, 2004RCCL Grandeur/Seas
January 29, 2005 Carnival Sensation
September 11, 2006 Carnival Holiday
Old March 20th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Yeoman

Bottom line: The name on your documents MUST match the name on your birth certificate/passport. Too many times, passengers give their nickname, middle name, etc. I always ask for: FIRST AND LAST LEGAL NAMES WITH CORRECT SPELLING when I book clients on a cruise. Also, newlywed brides MUST book under their maiden name. If it's just one letter off, your TA can call Carnival and have the correction made on the SHIP'S MANIFEST. If it's a problem with booking under a nickname or middle name, that's a whole different problem. Picking up new documents at the pier is no big deal - happens all the time, for last-minute bookings, or when documents just don't arrive in time. CCL won't charge you to issue new documents for pier pick-up. You should have received a confirmation from your TA when you made your deposit, and the incorrect spelling would have shown on that.
Old March 20th, 2004, 01:49 PM
First Mate

My second cruise my name was spelled wrong on my docs. Sheila was actually shown as Shiela. I pointed this out to my travel agent when I looked over the reciept she gave me. Well, she said she would call carnival and change it. Needless to say 4 weeks later my docs arrive still mispelled. I called Carnival and they would not talk to me. told me to go to my agent. When I comfronted them about it they swear they called. Agent said I would have to pay 40+ dollars for new docs and it was about a week and a half before we sailed. So she called carnival and they faxed over a new confirmation reciept shown the correct name. Anyway, we checked in at the pier and not once did carnival rep notice the mispelling on docs. My sail and sign card did have my right name on it so there was no problem plus I had that confirmation paper. So now I booked directly through carnival that way I can handle my own problem. Anyway, your agent should be able to call them and have them send over the same paper with your right name.

Old March 20th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Admiral

Newlywed brides can book under their new married name if they bring a copy of their marriage license. It happens all the time.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old March 21st, 2004, 10:13 AM
Yeoman

But most brides don't get their license until sometime later. I book cruise honeymoons all the time for Sunday departure, and if the couples gets married the day before, there's no way they can get the license, as it has to be recorded.
Old March 21st, 2004, 10:24 AM
First Mate

I've Been Married twice (God Help me) both by the JOP and both times I was given the long offical form after we signed it at the ceremony. This is in Louisiana so I don't know about other states.

Old March 21st, 2004, 10:48 AM
Passenger

There was a mistake on our doc in February when we sailed on the Paradise. They had added and extra s on the end of our name. I called my TA and she said don't worry about it as it was no big deal. And it wasn't. No one even questioned it.......
Old March 21st, 2004, 01:13 PM
Yeoman

But that's what I mean - it has to be recorded in a government office before it can be released. A misspelling that's off by one letter shouldn't be a problem. Just contact the TA so they can notify Carnival, and correct the spelling on the manifest.
Old March 21st, 2004, 08:27 PM
Admiral

If you talk to your officiant ahead of time, you can easily get a certified copy of your marriage license on the spot, filed or not.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:46 PM
Passenger

Don't worry--as long as your travel agent checks to see if your name is correctly listed on the manifest, that is all that is critical. Your doc's will work as is....it is the Manifest that must be right. I am a travel agent myself, and know this is true.

As for the funpass, print out the page that shows you are "Complete" on the web site (www.carnival.com/mycruise) and put it with your doc's. that shows you have done what they want.

fill out your doc's even thought you have same data in funpass info, they need for your sign and sail anyway.

Have fun! If you are sailing April 18th, look for the "Funbunch" we will be on that sailing..........
Old March 24th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Pela

Default Re: Re: Mistake on Docs

You said "CCL won't charge you to issue new documents for pier pick-up." Is this an industry rule? My TA said CCL had to charge me $50.00 for new docs for pier pick-up because my name was 3 letters off (used shortened version of my name when booking, not having been told that this would be a problem). My cruise was 3 weeks away when I caught this mistake, and the docs had just gone out. Was I charged $50.00 for no reason? If so, can you tell me who I should contact about this? Carnival or my TA? Thank you.
Old March 24th, 2004, 01:03 PM
MICHELLE BAKER

It is true that Carnival will charge a $50 name change fee to correct the mistake. I am a TA and had to adjust a clients booking yesterday,for reasons other than mispelling,but regardless of the reason if it is a major change other than being 1 letter off they do charge a $50 fee. So your TA is on the level.
Old March 24th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Passenger

I agree with Michelle if there is a major change. They charge. But for a mis-spell name, as long as the Manifest reads right, it is not need for new doc's. At least, that is my experience. I have had at least 5 clients that is was no big deal, because the Manifest was correct. They just instructed me to tell my client to change the name themselves on Doc's.
Old March 24th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Yeoman

Right. I've never had a client be charged to correct a name misspelling, and sometimes the documents had to be pier pick-up. As long as the correctly spelled name is on the Ship's Manifest, that's what counts. The charge applies for things like changing the original booked passenger (who can't go) for another passenger (who can go). Or requesting a change in cabin category. Or requesting a quad instead of the originally booked double, and adding passengers. Things like that. I'm a TA, too.