Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2004, 11:27 AM
Captain

Default Cabin Location... Pros & Cons

I wanted to start a thread on Cabins & their location....
We were on the Conquest last Nov. & got a cabin upgrade as our Porter was unloading our baggage..... We were moved to cabin 2203 (main deck) on the Conquest.... As we were in the process of getting on board we found out that cabin 2203 was the very first inside cabin in the bow..... I was a bit concerned about it since I was in the Navy & knew that when a wave hits the bow you really FEEL & HEAR the results.... This all camr true a couple of nights when the seas were running 7 plus feet..... My wife woke up concerned that we hit a log & were sinking..!!!
On the other hand we received a GOOD benifet from being up front.... No one outside our cabin door (thin) talking loud in the middle of the night.... No lingering SMOKE near our cabin... Lots of excercise walking.... The end result was we had a QUIET cabin other than the crashing waves here & there..... We were able to get our rest each night... I noticed that people tend to hang around the Elevators when they have to much to drink & holler in LOUD voices.... Now if you had a cabin near the elevator that may be a problem unless you are a party person also....

Post Edited (03-21-04 11:31)

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2004, 12:27 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Cabin Location... Pros & Cons

Thanks for the information....we just booked the Conquest on a guarantee and I had heard the front cabins (on all ships) were bad - but no one had explained why. We were a few cabins down the hall from yours on the Glory and you could still feel the ship hitting the waves. We loved it....for the most part, as the water was uniquely beautiful during those times. The only thing about the Glory was that we weren't located near our dining room....in retrospect that may have been a good thing!

We were on the Veranda deck of the Elation...that had a bit of motion to it as well. We had a partially obstructed view off our balcony...in other words we only had an unobstructed view if we looked straight out the door. That was fine...the sun was overhead so you could sit outside and enjoy the weather. We weren't at the ships edge which was ok, too.

We've been on 8 different ships...inside, outside, balcony, mini-suite; Riviera Deck, Veranda deck and inbetween....and I can't think of anything that was so bad it ruined our cruise.

The only thing that I might say is that I would have been very disappointed if when I booked a balcony I didn't understand/or wasn't told what obstructed and partially obstructed meant.
Old March 21st, 2004, 04:15 PM
Captain

Default Re: Cabin Location... Pros & Cons

I have heard of the obstructed view balcony, would be a bummer for me with all the money you pay extra... we didn't spend that much time in the cabin, changing clothes & sleeping..
We drank a lot of hot chocalate in the Cezanne Restaurant & the Sky Pool /Bar area on the stern....
The deck level is unimportant to me because the elevators are always handy...
I would like to be in a very back cabin this time though....

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)