Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2004, 12:05 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom
Default How soon should you book?

We are (at least I am ) counting down the days to our FIRST cruise! We want to take the Conquest out of New Orleans. How far ahead should you book? and where do you get the best deals?? Our anniversary is Aug. 9 and that's about the time we want to go.--We know it's peak season during that time but that's when we want to go. We're looking at the cruise that sails out of NO on Aug. 7 2005. It will be 20years and we are really excited about celebrating it this way. any suggestions would be great!
Thankyou

Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2004, 12:39 PM
First Mate

Default Re: How soon should you book?

I would think booking it now would give you the cabin of your choice. Plus, if cruise prices continue to go up you wouldn't have to concern yourself with it. If cruise prices go down you can always talk with whomever you booked through and see if they can get a price reduction or an onboard ship credit.

As a general rule...I try to book our cruises at a price "I can live with". In other words when I read a post about this great deal or that great offer, I don't have to get depressed if it's less than I paid because I was satisfied with the price I paid. This doesn't mean that I don't pay attention to price reductions...if they are substantial then I'll contact my CPVP and ask him about it. One thing I've learned is that you are going to hear of people who paid less....as well as people who paid more....no matter how much you pay.

Since this is a special occassion you might want to consider a balcony if you aren't already!
Old March 21st, 2004, 12:46 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom
Default Re: Re: How soon should you book?

I am considering a balcony! I'm just basically waiting to book! I have to wait for hubby's bonus! which will probably show up sometime in May or June! We're looking at a catagory 8A or 8B! i've gotten different prices --one from cruiseweb--the lowest but i'm not sure if i trust them or not--mainly because it seemed too low--in comparison to others. I've also checked expedia, travelocity etc and came out with about the same prices as from carnival.

Old March 21st, 2004, 01:41 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: How soon should you book?

Book as soon as you have a date, ship and itinerary that your happy with. REmember, you only have to put down a deposit at this time. IF for some reason you have to cancel, you can get all your money back up to 2 months prior to sailing. Then depending on the ship, it's about 6-8 weeks before sailing that your full amt. is due.

But with booking so far in advance, if you want a specific room, you can book that one. And of course yes, get a balcony! They are worth the extra money. You can have breakfast and coffee in the morning. In the evenings, it's nice to sit out on it. We wont' cruise without having one now. YOu get spoiled once you have one.

We've booked a few and found it cheaper elsewhere. If they wouldn't do anything, we've canceled and went with the other company.

Make sure you ta knows that it's your anniversary too. May have to remind your waiter as well. But they'll come out and sing to you,(if you can understand what they're saying! ha ha) and give you a cake. Nice touch.

We've gone on our anniversary recently as well. Not a time that we would normally go,(september) but we wanted to be there ON our anniversary.

Enjoy!!! Planning it is half the fun!!