Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2004, 10:45 AM
redyedfrg

Default hotel in MIA?

i have tried (unsuccessfully so far) to bid on priceline for a 3* in downtown miami for a pre-cruise stay on 4/23. i know about the rebids, and adding zones, etc. have checked ot biddingfortravel and betterbidding sites. if i keep rebidding at a higher price, with taxes, fees and transportation, i really am going to be spending a lot of $$. SO... question:
I found a good rate on the Days Inn Convention Center, which includes transport from the airport (MIA) to hotel, and from hotel to port. i'm looking for any feedback that you may have about this hotel, good or bad. right now, my main considerations are price/cleanliness, etc. don't need fancy pools or gyms, etc., because we wouldn't be at the hotel till about 7:30 pm and are boarding the Triumph (aaahhhh)the next day.... thanks for all your help!
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2004, 10:31 PM
bump

Default Re: hotel in MIA?

bump
Old March 25th, 2004, 04:27 AM
Danny

Hi,

You might want to try Holiday Inn "Port of Miami Downtown" It's right across from "Bayside" . The address is 340 Biscayne Blvd 1-305-371-4400, it's about 5 minutes to the port

Danny
Old March 25th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

I stayed at Day's Inn in December. I don't know if it was the convention center one or not, as there are two. The one I stayed in was near the hospital. The picked up at the airport and delivered to the port for no charge.

However, the place was not very nice. Though it was clean enough, the beds were awful, the place was run down, and since we missed the last shuttle due to plane delays, the woman who drove the taxi said it wasn't in a very nice area, and not to venture out in the evening.

I certainly would look into another place. I know if I cruise out of Miami again, I won't be staying at Day's Inn. We cruise out of Tampa next February, and unless I get some real good feedback on Day's Inn (stayed in many in different cities that were just fine), I will book someplace else.

Melissa

02/13/05 Carnival Miracle
12/27/03 Carnival Triumph
02/15/03 Carnival Inspiration

Old March 31st, 2004, 09:27 AM
mperrea

Hi There,
we stayed at the Clarion Suites on S.E. 4th street in January for under $90. Clean, handy, but nothing special otherwise. ( AAA 3 diamond) They offer a shuttle to the pier @ $5 a head and taxi to the hotel is under $25 from the airport. Has a decent B-fast bar @ $8. apiece.
Hope this helps.

Mike,
Spirit 01-04,
Pride12-02
Elation12-01
Triumph12-00
Sensation10-99
Inspiration12-98
Sovereign of the Seas12-97
Scandinavian Sky04-82