Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2004, 10:36 AM
First Mate

Default specific shore excursion selections - feedback appreciated!!

Ladies and gentlemen!

My husband and I have (I think) decided on the shore excursions we want to take on our May 9 sailing on the Paradise. Contingent, of course, on the feedback received from you, my resource of excellent cruising experts.

So (drumroll please...) here's what we've decided on (tentatively, of course)!

Nassau - Snorkel with Stingrays at Blue Lagoon

Dominican Republic (Casa de Campo) - Powerboat Pure Adrenaline Tour

USVI - Captain Nautica's Underwater Snorkel Expedition (OR ... Discover Scuba Adventure...OR...Buck Island Sail & Snorkel - we keep going back and forth between these three options)

Okay, so, if anyone has any first- (or second-) hand experience with any of these, positive, negative, or indifferent, please don't hesitate to share!

Specifically - on the Discover Scuba Adventure on the USVI - I'm hesitant to pick that one because I'm worried we'd only get like 20 minutes of scuba time due to all the instruction. Knowing more about this may help me make up my mind for good :o)

Thank you cruising friends!

on Smoke-free Paradise!
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:36 PM
First Mate

Default Re: specific shore excursion selections - feedback appreciat

Really want to keep this one active so I get some info! :o)

on Smoke-free Paradise!
Old March 26th, 2004, 11:03 AM
First Mate

Oh, one other thing. I've had no luck finding out how much these excursions cost from Carnival. Has anyone been on the Paradise (or another ship visiting these destinations) lately, and have the price list for these specific excursions?

I think a massive price difference may help me make up my mind for good on the USVI excursions.

Thanks in advance.

on Smoke-free Paradise!
Old March 26th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Admiral

When we sailed the Fantasy in January, the "Snorkel with the Stingrays at Blue Lagoon" excursion, from the ship, was $45.00 per person (adult and children same price). It was a 5-5 1/2 hour tour and your choice of departure times was 9am or 11:30 am.

We didn't do this tour, but talked to some folks that did and they seemed to think it was great.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old March 26th, 2004, 12:14 PM
MichelleM

email Carnival thru the "contact us" link on their homepage and ask them to email you the excursion list with prices for your sailing. You should get the listing and prices in about 48 hrs. The prices can change by the time your sailing comes but it is a pretty close estimate which helps in budgeting for the trip.
Old March 26th, 2004, 12:16 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: specific shore excursion selections - feedback appre

Interesting you suggest that - I requested that the day I booked my cruise (2 weeks ago) and they said they couldn't send them out, that I would find out prices on the ship.

I found that kind of odd, but I guess I can call and just see if I can get specific prices for the ones I'm interested in, since they didn't want to send me a complete price list.

Thanks!

on Smoke-free Paradise!