CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Sunbathing in the buff & balconies (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/195838-sunbathing-buff-balconies.html)

linda36d March 25th, 2004 10:39 PM

Sunbathing in the buff & balconies

A few of us are going on the Legend on June 8 out of NYC. None of us have cruised before but have heard about nude sunbathing. We like to spend time in the buff and since we have a balcony cabin is there any problem with sunbathing in the buff? Anyone else joining us on the 8th?

cruznRN March 25th, 2004 10:56 PM

Re: Sunbathing in the buff & balconies

The balconies are not really large enough for doing much but sitting, and depending on what side the sun is on you will probobly be in the shade. However, there is a tops optional deck for sunbathing if you wish. It is not very crowded, and private (except for a few curious men with half arrousal and sunglasses).

linda36d March 26th, 2004 08:10 AM

Re: Re: Sunbathing in the buff & balconies

Only "half"? Is that a reflection of the men or the woman?

linda36d March 26th, 2004 11:20 AM

I see some editing has been done to the messages in this thread with the phrase "half arrousal" being substituted? Was the previos phrase from cruznRN all that bad?
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/vintag.../beachball.gif

Danny March 27th, 2004 05:27 AM

Hi Linda,
I think the ladies get aroused too

diverdiver March 28th, 2004 11:36 AM

Just remember that the people in the balcony cabin above you will be able to see what's going on....especially in the aft balcony cabins.

drkw28 March 29th, 2004 12:01 AM

Linda.....you can sunbath on my balcony any time...smiles

vanello March 29th, 2004 03:22 PM

The Victory has topless sunbathing on the very highest deck.

linda36d March 29th, 2004 04:29 PM

Re: Re: Re: Sunbathing in the buff & balconies

"Linda.....you can sunbath on my balcony any time...smiles"

Aren't you kind!! Will you be joining us?

AngelaAngel March 29th, 2004 09:51 PM

The only way someone could see you if you have an aft balcony cabin is if you are right up against the railing. If you step back it is private. Unless your neighbor peeks around the partition! I was just on the Legend 10 days ago with a wrap around Cat. 11 suite with balcony and it was very private for a good portion of it. The one thing I must say is it was like an oven. There was hardly any breeze and after about 15 minutes out there sunbathing I could not stand it. I had to go in. Sure different than on deck where the wind is so strong you cant even feel the sun!

victoryk March 30th, 2004 11:31 AM

was able to do this on the Glory but it was hot as AngelaAngel stated. Later in the day is better.

Wasn't comfortable to do so on the 'tops optional deck" due to the gawkers, including some in my own party.

Did go to the nude beach in St. Maarten and went buff for the first time in my life....wow what an experience. I was great and freeing and I am a bit modest. Felt comfrotable even though not at my "ideal weight" since everybody else was "dressed" the same.

There were families out there. Much less "sexual" than I expected. My husband would not drop the swimtrunks, so I did it alone.

pgmrdev March 30th, 2004 12:58 PM

Sonesta Hotel's in Aruba have a private island just off the coast that has a clothing optional beach.

diverdiver March 30th, 2004 05:44 PM

And you can take a boat over there right from downtown Oranjestad.

pgmrdev March 30th, 2004 06:39 PM

We stayed at Sonesta Suites on our first visit there. We now own a timeshare at Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club.