Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2004, 12:34 PM
kernfam01

Default How do I know, what is incl, and what is xtra?

We are sailing on the Miracale next year. When I am on board, how do I know what eating places and such are included in the price I paid, and what places/things are extra. I don't want to be asking the whole time, it this free, of how much is it. It seems like there are so many places to eat, and stuff to do on board. I know that stores and gift shops cost extra, as well as alcohol and spa services, of course, but how do I tell when I'm on board? Trying to avoid any suprise expenses. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: How do I know, what is incl, and what is xtra?

Kernfam, first of all, NOTHING is free. You are paying lots of $$$$ for everything. But I know what you mean. As far as food, most everything from room service, to the Lido deck buffet, to the pool deck burgers and dogs, to the sushi bar, pizza shop, moonlight buffets and three meals a day in the regular dining rooms come without extra charge. Basic beverages like juices, punch, coffee and ice tea are also "free." Some of the newest ships have special restaurants that will charge extra for meals. This info will probably come in your documents packet.
Just keep reading these boards, do searches for the Miracle, etc. By the time you're ready to come aboard, you'll know everything about everything!
Old March 27th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Captain

The wife & I loved the Free hot chocalate machine... Also free Icecream....

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old March 27th, 2004, 01:43 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: How do I know, what is incl, and what is xtra?

On the elation everything but a few things were free. They had a coffee bar with deserts and fancy coffees, there was a charge--there were many menus posted with the prices. Also in the capers they listed happy hours with prices. Also, the wine and cheese party, when you attend they will give you a menu with prices for the wine the cheese is unlimited and free. You will be able to tell. They only "trick" that might fool you if you didn't hear about them before is the fancy carnival glass with $6.95 Drink of the day. From the minute you enter the ship they are walking around the ship with trays of them, not obvious until you take one that they aren't free. Though they are advertised in the Capers with a price.

Old March 27th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Denise H

Hi

when you get your documents you will get a little book that is a wecome abord
book it gives you the essential information you need to know before you sail
tells you about travel documentation
what bout money
what kind of clothing should i bring
chang in itneray
carnivals travel hot line
a taste of whatto expect
what,s not in my fare
dining room reservatons
ther is awhole list of thing the book willt telll you i hope i have help have a good
time and relax
Old March 27th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

For food items.. everything is included in your fare, except for the dinner club, and the fancy coffees and dessert bar.

dining room, buffets, pizzaria, room service are all included in the fare.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 27th, 2004, 07:00 PM
First Mate

One rule is definite. If you need a reservation, it isn't free.
Old March 28th, 2004, 11:41 AM
cantw82cruz

The main thing that we got a surprise about was the large bottle of water that showed up in our room and our kids room on about the second day. We did not realize that it is considered part of your mini bar and I think they know that many will not realize this. Most hotel rooms have a hang tag around the bottle telling you how much it will cost if you use it. Fortunately, I checked our account balance before the end of our cruise and saw these $3.78 in room service charges which I found out were for each bottle. We put a halt to anyone using them and I complained to the purser about what seemed to be rather underhanded but we ended up spending about $25 on bottled water. We were charged for more than we actually used but by the time I realized that we were disembarking and my husband didn't want to bother going to the purser to have it changed. Just something to be aware of. Some people don't mind paying for bottled water but we think it's a waste of money for something you can get for free and the water on the ship is perfectly drinkable.