Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2004, 09:35 PM
kernfam01

Default Would these dates be considered "spring break"?

We will be cruising next year March 6th thru March 13th (7 day, w. carib.). We are bringing small children with us, and I do not have a problem w/ kids, just trying to figure out what to expect. Our TA said Spring break was more towards the last 2 weeks of March. Is this true?
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2004, 09:44 PM
JOANNA

Default Re: Would these dates be considered "spring break"

I THINK DIFFERENT STATES HAVE DIFFERENT SPRING BREAKS...WE LIVE IN FLORIDA AND MY SON HAD SPRING BREAK MARCH 12TH TILL MARCH 21..IN NEW YORK MY SISTERS CHILDREN HAD SPRING BREAK IN LATE MARCH EARLY APRIL....I THINK YOU SHOULD PLAN ON SEEING LOTS AND LOTS OF KIDS ON THIS CRUISE......AND THATS NOT A BAD THING......THEY KEEP THE KIDS SO OCCUPIED THAT YOU WONT EVEN CARE........
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!
Old March 28th, 2004, 06:20 AM
First Mate

Based on what we experienced this year, I would say that you should expect a spring break crowd. However, we were on a four night cruise, which might have been a factor. There were plenty of school age kids and plenty of college age kids. Spring break is at different times at different schools, but usually in March. For my own kids, it has always been early to middle March.
Bobbie

Grand Princess - Baltic - July 28, 2004
Dawn Princess - Southern Caribbean - February 2002
Old March 28th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Yeoman

Sometimes it depends on when Easter is. This year it's April 11, but I'm not sure about next year. Our area always has the last week of March off, regarless of when Easter is. Between the US and Canada, you can pretty much count on all of March and April being "Spring Break". Every area of the country has different Break times.
Old March 28th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Tenley

thats definitly a college spring break crowd...most colleges have their spring breaks either the second or third week of march. I just went on a cruise last week for my college spring break...and I'll tell you that 75% of the people there were college aged, because carnival is more of a younger crowd....

you will definitely run into college spring break....
Old March 28th, 2004, 04:10 PM
First Mate

Here it is March 13 or so. But, most people say to avoid mid February through march. On our cruise, during spring break there were 700 children and they were never a problem at all!

Old March 28th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Admiral

We took our daughter (we're in Florida) on our March14th cruise and there were alot of kids however with Camp Carnival I hardly saw our daughter or any of the other kids!
I'm thinking since spring break is different across the country you probably will have kids on the ship but just think of the friends your kids can make! My daughter made a ton of friends on our cruise and we never saw them....they had so much fun!