Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2004, 07:58 AM
First Mate

Default multiple ships departing on the same day from Miami...

Hi all!

I was poking around online and discovered that the day we leave on the Paradise, the Victory is also scheduled to leave port at 4:00. (As well as an RC ship, but I'm sure that won't be of concern.)

Will all passengers for both ships go through the lines together, or will they be in separate buildings? (hopefully clearly marked!)

I just want the embarkation to be as worry-free as possible (naturally) and having an extra 2000+ people on top of the Paradise passengers in one big embarkation lounge sounds somewhat nightmarish...

Any nice, calming, soothing words to stop my panic are welcomed!

Paradise (May 7, 2004) Eastern Carribean
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: multiple ships departing on the same day from Miami...

Every cruise line has it's own "building". So not to worry. They get you through and onto the ship with as little confusion as possible. Just follow the signs. You won't have any problem. They have this process down to a science. We leave on the Triumph May 1st.
Old March 30th, 2004, 08:07 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: multiple ships departing on the same day from Miami.

Okay, so Carnival has its own building, that's good. But, 2 massive ships (Victory and Paradise) departing simultaneously - do the passengers separate early on (according to ship) in the process, or try to herd through the entire process (together) right up until they get on their respective ships?

I'm so uptight about this stuff. I guess I feel that if I know every little detail, things will go that much more smoothly...

Thanks!

Old March 30th, 2004, 09:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

I've sailed when there's been more than one ship sailing for a particular cruiseline and never had a problem. There was signs pointing "Ectasy", "Triumph", etc. You get the picture. You are seperated out according to ship. Please don't stress. The first cruise I went on I was so scared I would forget something! But it went smooth and when you are finished with the paperwork and walk up that ramp...oh my what a feeling! Enjoy every second of it! And my opinion is get there early. We've always been fortunate enough to board around noon and start our vacation early. We live in Florida so we don't have to fly, but we plan on getting to Miami on the morning of our cruise around 10am. I figure by the time we park and all that, it will be 11pm and we should be able to start doing the paperwork stuff. I was on the Paradise for it's maiden voyage. You'll love it.

Any other questions?
Old March 30th, 2004, 09:16 AM
First Mate

Thanks sherri!

Knowing the passengers are separated by ship is reassuring. Just seems that things will be that much easier I suppose.

Our flight into Miami arrives at 10:20, so I figure by the time we get our bags and get to the port it should be no later than 11:30. Plenty of time! :o)

Thanks for your advice.

Old March 30th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Admiral

You are in seperate areas and even entrances of the same building. Believe me, these buildings are pretty big. <G> No problem and don;t stress over it. There will typically be anywhere from four to seven ships in MIami and up to 11 ships in FFL all departing the same day!
Jim

Old March 30th, 2004, 10:23 AM
First Mate

Magnificant :o)