Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2004, 09:50 AM
First Mate

Default Cruise Review--Elation

Just posted a very long, detailed review of our recent trip on the Elation. It will be in the Ship Reviews section, but could take up to 7 days to post!

Natalie

Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Stacey39

Default Re: Cruise Review--Elation

Natalie,
we will be on the Elation June 20 and are very excited. I can't wait to read your review. Had you ever been on any other cruises that you can compare this one to? We went on Celebration 5 days last July and I would love to know how it compares. What deck were you on? I am hoping to convince my group to do a Carnival excursion in Belize because of your earlier posts about the tenders. They keep saying that the private companies will come right to the ship. Do you know anything about that? Thanks again. Stacey
Old March 30th, 2004, 05:04 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Cruise Review--Elation

We were in an oceanview guarantee and about a month or so sailing got upgraded to the Upper deck. It was a nice deck. The room though was quite small for 4 people.

I absolutely, like I said before would do a Carnival Excursion in Belize. Maybe sometimes it works better, but we had a very full ship during spring break. It took us about 1.5 hours just to get on a tender. Our tour was about 20 minutes past the "last tender time" getting back to the tender port in Belize, since this was a carnival tour it was not an issue.

We were "parked" in the middle of the ocean. About 20 to 25 minutes from the Belize City Pier. As far as I saw only Carnival tenders could come and go from the ship. When we got off the tender there is a little makeshift village by the tender port and all the other tour companies were waiting there with signs.

You'll love the Elation. Any other specific questions, please ask!

Natalie
Old March 30th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Cruise Review--Elation

So how did you get the cabin upgrade? Did they just surprise you with it? Or are there any tips to getting one. I've heard that some companies will let you upgrade super cheap at the ship if rooms are available...how did yours work?
Old March 31st, 2004, 02:51 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Cruise Review--Elation

We booked through a TA in a group reservation (he reserved a group of rooms). We paid for a guarantee oceanview. So we were guaranteed a Category 6 oceanview at least Riviera deck. For some reason I didn't want to be on the lowest passenger deck. So, when he called Carnival to make my final payment, he was able to get me a free upgrade to the Upper Deck. I wanted to be on the Empress, but he doesn't care for that deck--he feels it is too noisy, his favorite is the Upper. I was very happy to have an assigned cabin and not have to wait and see where we ended up. We were really happy there. But, if I do that class of Carnival again, I would do two inside cabins side by side, heard there isn't much price difference. 4 of us in 1 room just didn't work for me.

Natalie

Old March 31st, 2004, 07:06 PM
lars

Default Re: Cruise Review--Elation

still haven't seen this review show up on the ship reviews portion, looking forward to it though.