Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2004, 04:02 PM
Mia

Default Cabin Question

I have just received my documents and it seems I will be in the aft of the ship. Will there be a lot of noise? What deck level is best?
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2004, 04:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Cabin Question

Hi Mia,
No, I've never noticed any more noise being in the aft section of the ship. In fact I love being back there now..

What ship are you on?

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 31st, 2004, 04:16 PM
Mia

Default Re: Re: Cabin Question

Why would you prefer the aft?
Old March 31st, 2004, 05:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Cabin Question

Hi Mia,
On our last cruise, Voyager, we had an aft balcony cabin that was sooo nice, larger cabin, plus the extra room on the balcony. We also had one on Radiance and I just love em.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 31st, 2004, 06:15 PM
Yeoman

Mia - it sounds like you booked a guarantee cabin. What category did you book?
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:05 PM
Relliea

We just got off the Pride last Sunday. We had an Empress deck aft balcony cabin overlooking the wake & it was wonderful. Especially the return trip north from Cabo back to LA. It was real windy two days(30+knots)5-8 ft. swells so no one was on the upper outside decks of the ship. But since our aft balcony was protected we were able to get in an "extra" day of sun.
Yes, the aft does feel more motion than a mid ship cabin, but I took bonine during the entire trip and had no problem with seasickness.
Good luck.
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:50 PM
Carinne

Default Re: Re: Re: Cabin Question

We didn't select a specific cabin, but had an aft cabin selected for us. It is an inside cabin. Will it be bumby? Is there anyway to get it changed while boarding? We were originally given a cabin in the centre of the ship, perhaps we should havekept it.
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Sterling Silver

I had always always wanted an aft balcony and finally got one on the Spirit, Jan. '04. It was wonderful! Oversized balcony was really a plus. If there was more motion there I would be surprised. That big ship smoothed out all the waves before they reached us in the back. Loved the sunrises/sunsets we had from there. There may have been more noise but it was not a problem to us. Had a little extra soot from the smokestack. With the overnight dew it stuck to the railing and the chairs. Just had to wipe things down in the morning. I would get aft balcony again
Old April 1st, 2004, 08:36 AM
First Mate

We were just in an oceanview aft room on the Upper deck. We didn't feel a lot at all and heard no noise. In fact the little bit of rocking was very soothing at night. My daughter gets car sick badly and never even needed a pill. You'll be fine.

THe Upper Deck is the middle deck of the ship from top to bottom, I was thinking that's why it was so smooth??

Natalie
Old April 1st, 2004, 09:55 AM
amanda_leigh

I would personally perfer the aft cabins to the forward cabins. The forward cabins pitch and move so much with the ship. I found that the best place for people who get sea sickness would be the middle, lower portion of the ship (this area moves the least with the sea) the higher up in decks, the more the wind effects. We had a mini suite on the NCL Star and found that we could feel the ship move back and forth with the wind...kind of eerie at times.

Mandy Leigh

Carnival Conquest- 2006
NCL Star- 2003
Sensation- 1998
Old April 1st, 2004, 08:24 PM
Carinne

What is the most and least convenient decks to havea room on (just thinking about getting around the ship).
Old April 1st, 2004, 08:55 PM
Cheryl Roy

Well, I am certainly outnumbered here -- but not by choice. I have booked a balcony on the Elation which is on the veranda deck. The other balconies were to expensive. It looks like the balcony on the veranda are forward ship. Am I going to rock and roll on this ship? Has anyone had a balcony on the veranda on elation? Thanks
cheryl
Old April 1st, 2004, 08:56 PM
Cheryl Roy

Well, I am certainly outnumbered here -- but not by choice. I have booked a balcony on the Elation which is on the veranda deck. The other balconies were to expensive. It looks like the balcony on the veranda are forward ship. Am I going to rock and roll on this ship? Has anyone had a balcony on the veranda on elation? Thanks
cheryl
Old April 1st, 2004, 11:02 PM
First Mate

We were in one of the Mini-suites on the Veranda deck...we noticed the wind sometimes but no major rock and rolling. You'll love the muster drill as you have a very short distance to go!