Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2004, 08:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Qs about Victory to Canada over 4th of July

This 4th of July cruise may work for schedules etc. & we're thinking about it. We have sailed RCI & NCL. We loved freestyle dining & the laid back atmosphere of NCL. Assigned dining was OK too. We are not fans of the various games & contests or perky CDs. We avoided the discos & patronized the piano bars.

We understand Carnival is trying very hard to overcome it's party-hardy reputation. (I do not want to debate whether the rep is deserved or not -- never having cruised Carnival I have no idea). I loved Spring Break & College but I graduated a long time ago & do not want to relive my mis-spent youth on this trip. :-)

Can anyone tell us what to expect? What does a Vegas style ship mean? If we take his 16 year old son, will he have fun & find people to hang out with? Is Camp Carnival for people his age or just little one? Do they have a separate disco or other activites for teens like RCI? If it's not going to be fun for "the whole family", we can do something else. I'd just prefer to figure this out before I pay for the trip.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Dylan Send a message via MSN to Dylan
Default Re: Qs about Victory to Canada over 4th of July

hey td,

i went on the victory on march 13, and it is a great ship. for the food, there are tons of places to eat, they even have free 24hour room service. as for the vegas style shows, it's just like a musical, except they have revealing costumes and may not be appropriate for any children under 5. camp carnival even takes 6-teens to the shows. also, the shows are very good. as for camp carnival, the activities for the teens are kinda childesh. but go the first night and meet some people, then go out and do your own thing for the rest of the cruise. it really is "fun for the whole family"!!! the victory is not really a "party-hard" ship, during spring break it is, but all other months its not a "party" ship.

if you have any questions, please email me at pensfan619@hotmail.com.

have fun,

dylan chambers

Old April 1st, 2004, 09:27 AM
Andrea A

I was married on a Victory cruise to Canada. It was only a party ship because we made it that way! I've taken 2 Canadian cruises from NYC and found alot of familes reunions, business trips, group cruises, etc. because of the inexpensive prices and convenience of leaving from NYC (which is why we chose this cruise for our wedding). You will definitely not find a boat full of teeny boppers/spring breakers, they are all on carribean cruises :-) But your children will still have a blast, there is plenty for them to do.
Old April 1st, 2004, 11:41 AM
Goofycruiser

Hi, My husband and I are booked on a June 19th cruise on Victory to Canada. What is the weather like? This will be our 8th cruise all with Carnival but all other cruises were to the Caribbean. I just don't know what clothes to bring. Thanks.
Old April 1st, 2004, 12:04 PM
Andrea A

I did two Canadian cruises in August. The weather was nice most of the days and cool and VERY foggy at night. In Canada however, the weather was beautiful. It was nice and breezy and in the 70's.... a nice break from August in CT.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 10:32 AM
goodml

We sailed the Victory to the eastern caribbean last November with our 11 and 13 year old children. We loved the Victory and honestly never set foot in a disco the entire week. We really enjoyed the piano bar and there is also a bar with a piano player in the main atrium that we enjoyed a number of times as well. I think you will find that your 16 year old will not take part in Camp Carnival activities. My daughter at 11 still loved the activities but this was the first time on one of our cruises that my son wasn't really interested in the program. He did go to the meet and greet on the first night though and met up with some nice kids that he spent the week with. Teens can use the main disco (Arctic disco? I'm sorry the names of these spots escape me right now) up until 10:30 I believe and then it becomes an adult only venue. Our kids loved cruising as do we. I've not been on NCL but we have been on RCCL and Carnival and we love them both. I'm also Canadian and the east coast is wonderful especially in July. I'm sure you'll have a great time.