Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2004, 08:31 PM
ocnlvr

Default Shopping in St. Thomas

Hello all,
I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for shopping in St. Thomas, and Nassau. Will be going there in April on the Paradise. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:15 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Shopping in St. Thomas

Nassau - don't buy jewellry. Straw Market for souvenirs.
St. Thomas - more jewellry stores than you've ever seen scrunched into the smallest space you've ever seen. No tax. Higher prices than in St. Maarten. Be careful of the small, one-clerk shops. Don't buy the $150.00 "diamond" tennis bracelets. Those are industrial grade diamonds. Trust me...St. Maarten is better for jewellry prices.
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Re: Shopping in St. Thomas

The Grand Jewelers - shopped there so much they send me and my mother Christmas cards. They are located in St. Thomas and in St. Marteen. This is the only place I will buy jewelry on a cruise.

I bought a ring in May 2001 and in Jan 2002, knocked it against a door jamb and lost a diamond. Took it back in on my next cruise to St. Thomas (May 2002) and they sent it off for repair and it was back at my house within 2 weeks. They have a lifetime guarantee on all jewelry and each piece my mother and I have bought have appraised higher than what we paid - some by big bucks and some we just save a little on (we use a long time family friend who has in the past told us is we paid more than piece was worth - he is trustworthy).

Ash is the name of the guy that usually waits on us. On our May 02 cruise he was in St. Thomas, then in July 02 I went to St. Marteen and he was there....bought more stuff.