Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:44 PM
Carinne

Default Hotel Choice

We are looking for a fairly cheap and clean hotel while in Miami. My friends recommended the Miami Airport Hilton. Has anyone been there. How far from the pier?
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2004, 06:18 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Hotel Choice

I always stay at the Holiday Inn Marina Park, it's right across the street from Bayside Marketplace. It has a view of the port and you can watch the ships come in from your window. It is a 5 minute taxi ride from the hotel to the port. Bayside Marketplace has lots of restaurants and shops and is a great place to people watch.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old April 1st, 2004, 06:20 PM
Admiral

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency (around the corner from the port) and it had a great view of the port too out our window! We got it on priceline.com for 45.00 for our prenight stay in Feb 2003....It was a nice hotel and really close to the port.

Old April 1st, 2004, 08:45 PM
pam (twang)

I must say that i have not use priceline before. what can i expect, i know how it is supposed to work. What is the possibilities that the hotel that is giving or bought is in a dangerous place or so far away from anything that its inconvienent to stay there. Any help will be appreciated. since we will be cruiseing in july on the triumph, i dont want to wait to long to make a reservations and have to sleep in the rental car.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 04:45 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Hotel Choice

If you don't fell comfortable with not having much of a choice then I wouldn't suggest using Priceline....We've used it numerous times (Miami and Orlando FL) and have never been put in a bad area...In fact you can select the area you want the hotel in. Plus the stars are also selected...Our 3 star hotel was the Hyatt Regency in Miami and it was really nice for only 45.00. I guess you take a chance if you're not familiar with the area. But we've never had any bad experiences so far.