Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2004, 09:40 PM
Robertj668

Default Does it matter on Ocean view location on Elation or any ship

We are planning our first Carnival Cruise in May and are looking at the Elation out of Galveston TX. We have sailed 4 other times before but always book a balcony, which was higher up in the decks. This time we are looking at an ocean view and are curious does it make a difference on an ocean view to be higher up? Is there a difference i.e. movement of the ship?

Any answers would be appreciated on the question or the Elation as well. We have been on Princess, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. We have been told to expect not much from Carnival but we want to give it a try for ourselves!

Thank you,

Robert & Lisa
Sponsored Links
Old April 1st, 2004, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Does it matter on Ocean view location on Elation or any

With most modern ships, the differences are usually minor concerning movement. If you're booking a specific cabin [not a guar.], check the deck plan not just on your deck. Butr in that same location on the deck above/below yours. Are you next to the disco/galley/jogging track.

It might/might not matter to you. But check if it does.

Old April 1st, 2004, 09:58 PM
First Mate

I've been on one Royal Caribbean Cruise...Radiance of the Seas...and my personal opinion is that it is at the least comparable to Carnival. We prefer Carnival which is why we went back to them. I do understand that Princess and Celebrity are a "step up"...so
comparison may be somewhat unfair.

We really liked our cruise on the Elation last April...at that time it was doing the Mexican Riviera run. It's a great ship. As far as motion goes....the upper decks (Veranda..on the Elation) and up in the front of the ship seem to generate the feeling of more movement than mid-ship and towards the back.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 09:33 AM
Robertj668

Thank you both for your responses. I appreciate the help!

Robert & Lisa
Old April 3rd, 2004, 07:18 AM
Captain

We always book mid-ship and have a great trip....very very little movement. My first cruise was a suite on HAL Vendam and it was very rocky, BUT I didn't mind. The movement does not bother me. But seems the more you PAY the more you ROCK !!!!

Sensation

Old April 3rd, 2004, 01:27 PM
Bob S

My first cruise I was on the bottom deck and after one day of salt water splashing on the window, you couldn't see anything. My last cruise I was on the Empress deck and the window stayed clean the entire trip. As far as the motion of the ship, I didn't notice any difference.