Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2004, 07:56 PM
chefkel22

Default Sensation Anyone?

Was wondering if anyone has sailed (or is sailing on 4/12) on Sensation? We are first time cruisers and have spent many hours reviewing the message boards (thanks Kim). Have taken many notes and learned lots. Thanks to all.

How are the kids programs? Anyone book an excursion with outside company? Nativeway was recommended for Cayman. Any experiences?

Happy Sailing. Only 9 days to go.
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Sensation Anyone?

We sailed on the Sensation in feb 99 when the itinerary was different then the current one (it sailed from Tampa to Cozumel, Grand Caymen, and New Orleans LA).

But we recently (march 2004) sailed the Inspiration and it stopped in GC...we had booked Nativeways online prior to sailing....they were GREAT! They made sure each of us held the stingray, fed it, and even kissed it! I would recommend them. They do take a video of the entire trip and you can purchase it either VHS or DVD format....it is expensive but we purchased the DVD version and were very happy with what we got!

Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:46 PM
chefkel22

Default Re: Re: Sensation Anyone?

Hi Helen:

We actually visited your web page and looked at your photos. They were wonderful and it looked like you guys had a great time. We are looking forward to our upcoming trip.

Thank you for your help.
Old April 4th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Passenger

Hi, We will be sailing the same cruise. My husband, my inlaws and our 10 yrs old son.

Almost ready here and counting the days!!! If you have any questions feel free to email us.

Old April 4th, 2004, 06:59 PM
First Mate

Helen was nativeways much cheaper then the ships tour? Do you have thier web address. Thanks.

Majesty Of The Seas 06
Carnival Victory06
Holland America Oosterdam 05
Carnival inspiration04
Carnival Destiny04
Carnival Legend03
Imagination99
Sensation94,96,98,01
Jubilee92,97,00
Festival87
Old April 4th, 2004, 07:17 PM
chefkel22

Default Re: Re: Re: Sensation Anyone?

Tom,

We just booked with Native Way and were quoted $30 per person for adult and $20 for child for the Stingray Tour.

You can contact Sharon at nativway@candw.ky

Good luck.
Old April 4th, 2004, 07:46 PM
scammed customer

We really were scammed on jewelry.-Tanzanite international

the supershopper Lacy, talked about the best places to shop in cozumel. i always wanted a tanzanite ring. We got it home, it was very expensive , &&&&, and i thought i got a good deal.

i took it to our jewelry as it was snagging on my cloths.. to find out that 2 prongs werent even touching my stone, the diamonds were not what i paid for. There were scratches on the ring and i wore it 10 days.

i called tanz intl, they will not refund our credit card. I called cust serv carnival.. the 30 day gaurentee does only gaurentee an exchange, no refund.. i am currently working with my charge card people to help me with this $$ scam..

I would never cruise with carnival again, as i feel they dont stand behind their promises.. as they are getting a kick back from the stores they suggest we buy at.

a very sad cruiser..
Old April 4th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Sensation Anyone?

Hi Tom,

Nativeways was 25/pp on our March cruise....We booked thru their website which is:

http://nativewaywatersports.com/

Feel free to email them with any questions. I did and Sharon emailed me back promptly and answered all my questions. I was very happy with the tour and the DVD we purchased. I believe the ships tour was twice as much!

Old April 5th, 2004, 06:02 AM
First Mate

Scammed customer, sorry to here about your experience. You are right, this is poor business and I'm sure Carnival benefits in some way. The practice is called capitalism and we're responsible for it's exportation throughout the world. I'll apologize in advance, but I had to chuckle when you said your credit card company was working with you. These are the biggest snake oil salesmen on the planet. These tactics are practiced by all business nowadays and the alternative is higher cruise prices. Caveat Emptor!

Old April 5th, 2004, 10:43 AM
barb glovac

We are sailing on the Sensation on 4/12, myself husband and 2 daughters, 11 and 16. My husband said he is afraid to book a stingray excursion privately because we are in port such a short time. He said he would rather pay the extra money for a ship excursion to make sure we don't miss the ship. Any thoughts on this??
Old April 5th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Admiral

We didn't have any troubles...in fact we were done with our tour at 1pm so we had 2 hrs left to shop/walk, etc...before having to get back to the ship.

We used Nativeways...they have 2 tours (one morning one and one afternoon one)..take the morning one and you'll be fine with time!