Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Passenger

Default miracle cruise dates/pros and cons

We have decided to book a cruise on the miracle as part of our honeymoon. we had 2 choices, cruise either starting on 26Dec or 2 Jan. The 2 Jan cruise works out at 56% cheaper than the 26 Dec one. Therefore the 2 Jan cruise was the obvious choice. Furthermore I reasoned out that there would be far less kids on the 2 Jan cruise . Is that a correct reasoning?
My fear is that the 26 Dec cruise, what with being at sea on New Year's eve etc would be more glamorous - or maybe staff would take leave exactly after the busy xmas season and our cruise wouldnt have all the shows or I dont know what. Is this fear unfounded?

Last question - is January a bad time for Western caribbean cruises?

Thanks to anybody who cares to drop a line - I have a million questions and have been driving my travel agent crazy - thought I might relieve her of some of the pressure by asking u guys and gals.

cheers
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: miracle cruise dates/pros and cons

Your reasoning is reasonably sound
New Years sailings are amongst the highest prices of the year. Generally more kids, and busier overall.

For a honeymoon, first week in Jan. sounds like a GREAT choice! Enjoy!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 4th, 2004, 05:17 PM
bjkeen

All of the main holiday's cost significantly more. I'd wait until Jan. 2nd. Have you considered the spring time? The prices are much less and the weather is to die for. It is glorious in Tampa today not to hot and the sun is shining brightly, 73 degrees. I went to the beach today, and it is still to cold to get in the water, but the view is awesome the water was a pretty light green and dark green and the sun was creating sparking water. If you have time while in Tampa you should see the Skyway Bridge. The Miracle will sail underneath it after approx. 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hrs. in Tampa Bay. Want to see pics. of the Miracle? Email me, I have to many to post here. Make sure you tell me in the subject line you want to see Miracle pics. or I will delete the email.
Old April 5th, 2004, 05:46 AM
First Mate

We also considered the prices at the holiday time of the year. One of the less expensive is just before the holidays. We will be sailing on the Miracle on 12/12/04 from Tampa. Counting the days!!!!

Marty