Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 6th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Sooshie

Default Blue Lagoon Island Nassau

Does anyone have any information about booking this excursion outside the ship. We are going in 5 weeks and I heard it's cheaper and less of a hassle if you book outside
the cruiseline. Help!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Blue Lagoon Island Nassau

We were in Nassau on the 3-1-04 sailing of Majesty of the Seas. We were going to go there, but decided not to, now I wish we had gone. Check out this website for some info: http://bahamasgo.com/nassaucruises.htm. We were going to go on our own, and I found info on this web site, plus try google search w/blue lagoon, and nassau or paradise island to get info. You will find ferry schedules and other info. This is how to do it on your own, when you get to port, take the water taxi over to paradise island, then take the boat to blue lagoon. You'll have to double check the times, there was like to from blue lagoon in the am time, like 9 & 11, then 2 in the afternoon, like 4 and 6. Be careful, the last water taxi I believe is 6PM, so plan accordingly. If you miss the last water taxi from Paradise Island, you can always take a taxi back to the ship. The water taxi is $3. pp, each way, and the blue lagoon trip was $20 or $25 pp, rd. trip, so it is pricy, but from what I heard, very beautiful. I also read couple reviews I believe under trip advisor and most everyone loved blue lagoon. Keep searching google, and you will find tons of information on everything. It just takes some time. Hope this helps out. Have a great cruise. I leave in 12 days on the Holiday, then on 5-10-04 on the Sensation. Can't wait!

Debbie
Carnival Destiny 4-03
RCCL Explorer of Seas 5-03
RCCL Majesty of Seas 3-04
Old April 6th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Sooshie

Default Re: Blue Lagoon Island Nassau

Hi Debbie,
Thanks for all the info! I have been to the island twice actually but always throught the cruiseline or resort. I really don't care for the way the cruiseline does things; like herded cattle. I would much rather get an early start so we will still be able to go to the
straw market etc. before heading back to the ship. I'll check out those sites...thanks again.

Susan