CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival past guest (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/196210-carnival-past-guest.html)

MichelleP April 8th, 2004 10:15 AM

Carnival past guest

Whatever benefits there are for being a past guest, is it good enough to have been on one past cruise or do they add up with each subsequent cruise?

Just wondering because my past guest number is in my maiden name and I'm wondering if it would be worth anything to bother calling about changing it. Probably not as I'm going again in a month and then I'll be a past guest again (with my new name).

Cheers,
Michelle P.

darlenenjake April 8th, 2004 10:27 AM

Re: Carnival past guest

Well on the cruise we just went on the Paradise 7 night, all past guest got a page of Spa Specials for Past Guests, A Pin with the ship's name, and an invitation to the Past Guest Party. Where they served liquid happiness freely. Melon Balls, Rum Punch, Margaritas, Screwdrivers, wine, champange, and a few other various drinks for free as well as little cakes, etc. Also there was a drawing for a bottle of champange which we won... it was a bottle of Perrier-Jouet Belle Epoque 1996, with a value of around $150.00... so that was nice. We don't drink Champagne but we will hold on to this, its a nice bottle! =o)
They gave a nice presentation and the captain was there, it was fun and we enjoyed it.

darlenenjake April 8th, 2004 10:27 AM

Also forgot to mention we booked 4a gty's and the two cabins that had past guests got upgraded to Ocean Views So, maybe this was inpart due to the past guest thing as well.

Darla April 8th, 2004 10:28 AM

You get invited to the past guest party and I believe it helps you get bumped up if you have booked "GTY".

Darla

AILEEN FINKEL April 8th, 2004 11:17 AM

we are also a past guest and booked a gty for our upcoming cruise in Sept on the Destiny. Hoping for an upgrade. This is our 5th Carnival Cruise.

NinaClock April 8th, 2004 11:39 AM

I have cruised twice with Carnival in the past (89 and 93). I have a third cruise booked for later this month. I have no idea what my past guest number is, so I did a search on Carnival's website and the search turned up nothing. I do have a different name now than I had on the two previous cruises. I'm wondering, too, if I should call Carnival to get my past guest number. Especially if it will be benficial with regards to upgrades and past guest parties.

frankjjr77 April 8th, 2004 11:48 AM

Hi , I am on the GLORY at the moment and I am going to a past guest party later to day, I will let you know.

Seahunks April 8th, 2004 01:25 PM

Michelle, everyone in my group on this year's cruise qualified as past guests because of Sensation. In addition, we were able to take the first timers among us to the party as our guests. The invitations to the party were accompanied with the ship's lapel pins.
I know it sounds cruise-nerdy, but Chris is talking about making some kind of ribbon accessory for the pins to wear at future past guest parties.

Go ahead and call them to change to your married name. It couldn't hurt.

Nina, if you don't know your past guest number, call the guest relations number, or booking phone number, and ask what your past guest number is. I think your name, ship name and past cruise date will be enough, but they might ask for your previous cabin number--I don't really remember. My sister was able to call and get the past guest numbers of every uncyberlized family member who were on Sensation, so she could do their preregistration for Inspiration.

P.S. I found their past guest number: 1-800-929-6400

http://www.cruisemates.com/animated/...ing_smlCLR.gif
I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown...=04&hour=16:00

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!

Post Edited (04-08-04 12:43)

Joie April 8th, 2004 02:19 PM

If you have used different travel agents, does Carnival still know if you are a PAST guest....is there somewhere we are supposed to register as past guests. How will we know if we can go to the past guest party?

COnquest Nov 2003

darlenenjake April 8th, 2004 02:23 PM

When you get to the pier and check in before you get your keys you can tell them that your a past guest as well, one in our party wasn't listed as a past guest who was and they fixed it, he ended up with the pin and invite as well in his cabin.

3FOB5Paradise April 8th, 2004 05:18 PM

Heh, interesting that you were the winner! early or late seating? ( I think that is the party with seating distinctions)

Cincyrick April 8th, 2004 06:07 PM

On our upcoming cruise, we received an ADDITIONAL $300 discount and upgraded from an 8A (upper deck) to an 8E (panorama deck). Looking forward to that party.

Sara754 April 8th, 2004 06:16 PM

I was a past guest on Costa (Carnival's Italian cruise company) and when we booked the Destiny, we had to send in proof that we were on her sister company and we got anywhere from $100-200 off our cruise. Im not sure if we'll be invited to the past guest party though.

bjkeen April 8th, 2004 08:08 PM

Inside the Current magazine for past cruisers is a discount coupon that is helpful for subsequent cruises.

hkolln April 8th, 2004 08:29 PM

Re: Re: Carnival past guest

Sometimes it helps to be a past guest however on our cruise last month it didn't help at all. We booked a 6A GTY (oceanview) and got a 6B (one deck up) but on the AFT and the vibrations and noise from the engines really sucked. Having been on 2 past CCL cruises I thought we'd get better upgrades but you know you get what you pay for!

darlenenjake April 8th, 2004 10:05 PM

Early seating, the 6:00pm party I think it was...

sherri1 April 9th, 2004 11:36 AM

I received an upgrade from the Riveria deck to the Lido deck with no extra $$. I booked a regular ole' inside and my PVP at Carnival said he would put me in an inside on the Lido deck for the same price (a very good price). We sail on the Triumph May 1st and I've never been in anything except the Riveria deck on my previous 5 cruises. Looking forward to this very much!

3FOB5Paradise April 9th, 2004 02:52 PM

Hrmm....We were early seating with the 5pm party, I believe. If it was 6PM it would have been during our dinner :)
I think a little kid picked it out for this one. Did that happen for you?

darlenenjake April 9th, 2004 05:11 PM

Sorry Fiance just told me it was the late one, we missed the first and ended up going to the late one because we got ready around 5:30 for dinner..lol! It was right before the show at 8:15 I think. Because I walked in with the Champange and my mom who paid for the cruise asked for it... Hey I said you snooze you loose...lol!

Deanna April 9th, 2004 05:56 PM

If you save your Currents magazine from Carnival, your past guest # is on your mailing label above your name. Our daughter got an invite to the past guest party and we didn't have the past guest number, just her name. We booked through a TA, so I don't know what she did or if Carnival has some system for cross-referencing that sort of stuff.

ssatterly April 10th, 2004 06:50 PM

Call Carnival and get your number it IS worth it

Linda Tuttle April 12th, 2004 02:37 PM

Yes call them. They will look up your previous name, address etc. Don't know about upgrades, but past guest are suppose to get through the boarding process faster, invitations to special things and maybe a little gift basket

darlenenjake April 12th, 2004 03:01 PM

Anyone ever been told that it will take a few months AT LEAST to get your Past Guest #?? I called Carnival and was told I was not in the system, it's been two weeks since my cruise... even with the booking # they still couldn't give me one... BUT, she would be happy to book me another cruise...lol! How do I get currents... does everyone get these or just the main person the ressies are under.

Seahunks April 12th, 2004 03:33 PM

Darlene, did you call the number I included in my previous post? That's the number I was given by their reservations line. I think it's Guest Relations. Calling a company as big as Carnival can be like calling the IRS. The answer you get to question, may depend upon whom you ask. Try it again.

Steve

Cruznut2 April 12th, 2004 03:40 PM

HI,
I could not find my past guest number. One day while reading my issue of Currents I found it on the mailing label. If you have an issue kicking around thats where it will be.

Cruznut2

hockeyluver April 12th, 2004 03:41 PM

I have called the guest relations number 3 different times to get my past guest number. We cruised in december and they said it wasnt in the computer yet. Even after i told her i wanted to get it so we could book another cruise. sheeeesh at least i have a little time before i cruise again LOL

Seahunks April 12th, 2004 04:12 PM

There does seem to be a bit of a propagation delay among their various computer systems, or a failure to communicate between right hand and left hand . I called them after I got the docs for my last cruise, because the FunPass webpage asked for a past guest number. I don't recall which number refered me to the Relations line, who gave me the pg numbers for myself and my wife. However, when I booked my third Carnival cruise a month later, the Service Rep didn't show a past guest number on her screen.
Sounds just like the bureaucracies I've worked in/with. <LOL>

Steve

UConn1 April 12th, 2004 07:28 PM

I must be the odd one - I know my past guest number just like I know my Social Security number.....however, I find it difficult to remember my home phone number.....I guess it shows where my priorities lie.

Deanna April 12th, 2004 11:21 PM

i got past guest numbers online after registering my family members on carnival's site. when you click on the link to find your pg # (to add to your profile), it asks for your birthdate and zip code and brings it right up. for my son, who has no e-mail to register, i had to call carnival and give the same info for him and she gave it to me right away. however, it has been 9 months since our 1st sailing.

BJKeen April 13th, 2004 06:13 AM

The past guest number will be on your Current's magazine. You can also save $ on your next price if you give that number to your ta and use the coupon inside the magazine. Certain date restrictions apply.