Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Simivalleymike

Default Beaches with Young Children

We are going on our first cruise this May 23rd on Carnival Victory visiting Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Ocho Rios. We are taking our 4 year old twins (boy/girl) and our 3 year old daughter. Our desire is to spend the day at the beach during each stop at a place that offers safe swimming, food, and drinks. Any ideas or tips on good excursions with our kids would be a help!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2004, 07:15 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Beaches with Young Children

We went to Chankanaab park in Cozumel. It has a shallow lagoon good for swimming and snorkeling. Our daughter was 7 and my son was 3. They had a great time. I think we got a cab for about $10 each way for 4 people. There's an admission price, can't remember how much but I don't think it was expensive. I think they had a snack bar nearby, but we didn't use it. They had a convenience store with bottled pop, water and snacks. It's a really nice park, I think you would enjoy it. I can't really help on the other two islands, sorry. I hope this helps. Have fun.
Old April 9th, 2004, 10:55 AM
kernfam01

Default Re: Re: Beaches with Young Children

I am also traveling w/ my 4 and 1 yr old and everytime I ask, everyone tells me how wonderful this park is! This is also where the dolphin encounter is. I also heard the admission fee is $12 if you are wondering, kids free. The beach there has no waves. Another place I have heard about is Paradise beach. Taxi fare the same as the park. Very nice white beach w/ food drinks, all clean facilities. Massages on beach for $1/minute. Noe entry fee. They have chairs, water trampoline, water floats, umbrellas, all no chrg. I am very torn, as this seems to be the cheaper way to go, but the park seems like there is more for the kids. I wouldn't pay for the ship tour for either of these places. Sounds like it is very easy to go this one on your own. Good luch whatever you decide. I am still trying to decide too! Check out the destinations boards under mexico to read more posts about these places.
Old April 9th, 2004, 04:13 PM
HOSKI

We have done Chak. in Cozumel but not with our daughter. Most places it is rocky to get into and out of the water. There is a small area where kids can get in and out. I love this park but for the entrance fee and the type of beach area I would rather take my daughter (age 4) to a different beach. We are going to try Paradise beach this time around, did Mr. Sanchos last time.
Old April 9th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Yeoman

Grand Cayman has a great public beach, right across from the Holiday Inn. I think it's $4.00 per person each way for a taxi. Great sand, and beautiful, clear, calm water. There's a snack bar and restroom facilities. No admission fee, but it's about $10.00 to rent a beach chair and umbrella. I go there every time I visit GC.
Old April 9th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

We went in Jan 04 on the Fascination - went to the Playa Sol Beach in Cozumel - it was awesome! our kids - son is 11yrs old and daughter 4 yrs old had a blast....we did too - lots of activites for the whole family, the staff was wonderful - it was perfect and the day seem to last forever...try it you will love it!