Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Drink Coupons

You can buy ahead 4 drink coupons for $19.50 whick comes out to $4.87 per drink. Most drinks on the ship are less than this...........The $4 range..you would thibk that Carnival would make it a lil cheaper so that people would use this service more.

The Big Red Boat 1990
Imagination 2000
Holiday 2004
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2004, 01:23 PM
TT

Default Re: Drink Coupons

Yeah.. you're right. The most expensive drinks are the *frozen exotic* and those are 4.95. Here's the list I got from Carnival.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Beverage_Service.aspx
Old April 9th, 2004, 03:33 PM
First Mate

The drink coupons prices include the 15% tip whereas the drink price list does not. Also the drink coupons are meant to be a bon voyage gift from someone other than the cruiser, they are not meant to be money savers.
Old April 9th, 2004, 10:46 PM
TT

Thanks for that reply! I didn't realize the price list didn't include the 15%. I'll have to have my *friends* gift me.
Old April 10th, 2004, 12:28 AM
First Mate

I thought that too and didn't buy the coupons afterall. But a pina colada with Gratuity is now 5.95 so you save almost $1.00 per drink. Not much I know, but convenient. You know what you are spending a head of time and can budget your drinks!
Old April 10th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Captain

I have the kids get them for me for my birthday and mothers day....and ALL my drinks are paid for on the cruise.....a BIG savings.

Sensation

Old April 10th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Yeoman

i have a few left from my last cruise that i intend to use next may. they do not have an experation date. i thought they saved me money by not having to pay the 15% gratuity when i got my drink. i also had some of the soft drink coupons. i am not crazy about coke products but they also came in handy to use.

Old April 10th, 2004, 09:57 PM
TT

Default Re: Re: Drink Coupons

I was wondering about that Joie. LIke if there was a limit to how many drink coupons you could use. I estimate that I may buy 20 to 25 drinks total on a 5 night cruise. So I suppose if I walk on board with 6 packs of 4 coupons each that that would be okay?
Like they wouldn't look at me like I were crazy? Another question. Do bar tenders or waitresses come up to you and get your drink order... and if so... do you tip them.. or would that be included in the gratuity of the drink coupon?
Thanks!
Old April 11th, 2004, 06:36 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Drink Coupons

My question: I know they say "good for one drink not exceeding $4.75"

What if I want, say, I frozen drink for $4.95? Can I pay the difference?

Paradise (May 7, 2004) Eastern Carribean
Old April 11th, 2004, 10:36 AM
TT

Good question Jennifervail! I knew there was a catch! !... But maybe not. Maybe someone will have an answer for us soon!!
Old April 11th, 2004, 11:09 AM
First Mate

Yes you can pay the difference, but most of the time (depending on bartender) they will give you the above $4.75 drink without charging extra, just be nice and don't expect anything to costly.
Old April 11th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Passenger

Where would I find these coupons so my "family" can purchase some for us.

We are 1st time cruisers.

Thanks

Imagination 4-04
Old April 11th, 2004, 04:18 PM
First Mate

Go to www.carnival.com then to gifts, then to most poplar items (second page) then bar coupons (you will have to register with Carnival to order).or you can call 1-800-522-7648. For either you will need your booking number and room number.
Old April 11th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Jy2surf

Hey guys, I just got off the Pride and most of the people in my group were dissapointed with the coupons. I didn't use them so I don't know for sure, but there were a lot of drinks that cost more than what the coupons were worth, around $6-$7 (particularly the tropical drinks brought around by servers with trays full of them so you don't have to go to the bar). They would not give you the drink for one coupon, and I'm not sure if you could charge the rest of the cost, but they would not give any sort of return if you used two coupons which exceeds the cost of the drink. I'm pretty sure you can't charge the extra cost on your sail and sign card as the servers don't carry any device with them to charge it with and they don't accept cash. As far as getting drinks from the bar that might be a different story, but I am pretty sure a lot of drinks cost somewhat more or less than the coupons.
Old April 11th, 2004, 09:58 PM
First Mate

The tropical drinks are only $3.95 and $4.95 plus 15% tip, unless you buy the drink of the day in the souvenir glass (plastic) which are more but refills cheaper.