CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   embarkation: luggage porter question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/196250-embarkation-luggage-porter-question.html)

jennifervail April 9th, 2004 04:45 PM

embarkation: luggage porter question

Hi all!

I'm confuseled (hehe) about something (as always!)

Okay: everyone always writes that upon arrival at the pier, the porters will have the passenger manifest, at which time you will dutifully record your cabin number upon the gray "TBA" tags to ensure arrival at your cabin.

BUT

I thought the guys taking the bags at the pier weren't Carnival employees? So are these the guys with the manifest? I don't know at what point to get my cabin number on my tags if these guys aren't Carnival employees and therefore my bags will never get where they need to go (*DRAMA*)

I'll sit back now and wait for the sage-like cruisemates to come to my rescue.

hockeyluver April 9th, 2004 04:55 PM

Re: embarkation: luggage porter question

LOL let the saga end the porters have the list of the passengers and cabin numbers. No they are not carnival employee's but they do have the manifest. Our "gray" luggage tags found our room. :o)

jennifervail April 9th, 2004 05:00 PM

Re: Re: embarkation: luggage porter question

Whew!

*Now leaving damsel-in-distress mode*

hockeyluver April 9th, 2004 05:03 PM

LOL too funny!! im sure you will find something else to become distressed about LOL that is up until the time you walk through the door and onto the ship!! That was when i finally relaxed and realized WHEW we made it!!!!

darlenenjake April 9th, 2004 05:08 PM

Our bags with grey tags made it fine, we got our cabin assisgnment inside the terminal after security and after we filled out the "sign your life over" cards... =o)

jennifervail April 9th, 2004 05:08 PM

Yeah, I don't doubt it. If you look through these boards you'll notice I find something new to panic about every three or four days. My last panic involved sea lice *lol*

Always something...

Bob M April 9th, 2004 05:08 PM

You may get an upgrade & the Porters will have your new Cabin Number that you will write on New Tags that your Porter has... This happened to us ont the Conquest...

jennifervail April 9th, 2004 05:11 PM

I can only hope!

I cheated a bit and tried the Kelly method and *think* I know what our cabin is, but others have pointed out that is subject to change up until the day of our cruising, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that my supposed upgrade comes true :o)

As long as *someone* at the pier has my cabin number, and I write it on the tags myself, that's when I'll feel better.