Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2004, 01:00 PM
Passenger

Default Price drop ~ cabin adjustment

I have been seeing messages on these boards about a Price Drop, taking a ship credit, refund check or cabin upgrade. Well, I booked thru a TA, how do you find out about a price drop? When should you start looking for it and where? If you booked thru a TA will you get to take advantage of it with a cabin upgrade or will Carnival take care of it automatically?

Old April 10th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Price drop ~ cabin adjustment

Looks like you're going on the Spirit Alaska cruise in late July/early Aug? If the price drops before your final payment, which is 75 days out, Carnival will notifiy your TA, who will notify you. If you booked a guarantee cabin, you might get an upgrade. If you booked a specific cabin assignment, you probably won't. Start contacting your TA a couple of weeks before your final payment is due to see about a price drop. If you're looking for an upgrade, then you should have a GTY cabin. Ship credit and post-final payment upgrades are at the discretion of Carnival, if the price drops after you've made final payment. Your TA should tell you all of this.
Old April 11th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Passenger

We will be sailing Sept. 8, 2004 I hope I used the countdown clock correctly.
We did book a certain cabin as this is our first cruise and I have motion sickness. The TA thought that would be the best way to go and we'll see what happens. So it looks like we will be staying where we are, and that's o.k. I just didn't know how these things work. I have learned alot from these boards and after we have experienced all of this first hand I may feel confident enough to book on my own and look for the good deals.

Carnival Spirit ~ Alaska
Old April 11th, 2004, 10:05 AM
George Alex

Well I am sailing on the Legend in July and my TA told me if the price drops before my final payment I pay the cheaper price and if it drops after that I will get shipboard credit but I have to ask about that because they wont give it to me better for them if the dont give anything so you should ask just to be sure about what you are getting.
Old April 11th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Yeoman

Right - if your price drops before your final payment is due, the price will be adjusted. If it drops afterwards, you can request the difference in shipboard credit. You will probably get it, but maybe not for the whole amount.