Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Luvjoy1948
Default Holiday Cruise

I just returned from my first cruise. It was aboard the Holiday out of New Orleans - April 10. It was wonderful, super, excellent and I am in the process of booking another one. I had no problems and enjoyed every moment of the cruise. I cannot express how wonderful I was treated. The only thing I will do differently is not take a cruise when school is not in session. Lots of kids and no apparent singles on board. I will be glad to answer all questions. I am addicted to cruising. Toni

Carnival Ship - Holiday

Sponsored Links
Old April 16th, 2004, 04:48 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Holiday Cruise

Toni,

Now you see why I keep booking this ship. I can't wait one week to go!!!!

Old April 16th, 2004, 08:18 PM
HOSKI

Hi Toni
My family of three is sailing on the Holiday Sept. 25th. I'd love to here what you did in the ports and whether you booked excursions with Carnival or on your own. We have done Cozumel many times and are planning Paradise Beach. In PDC we may book with Carnival for Xcaret.
How were the shows and comedy?
Old April 16th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Didn't see all of the shows but the ones I did were great. I watched some after the fact on TV. Did go off the ship in Cozumel and the shopping was great. Didn't go off in Playa Del Carmon because you had to take a tender off the ship and I just wanted to relax on board. Enjoyed the entire trip - very relaxing. I know you will have a good time. Toni

Carnival Ship - Holiday

Old April 16th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Yeoman

The Holiday will be sailing out of Mobile, AL. in mid-October, 2004. The Sensation will replace the Holiday sailings out of NO. Just an FYI.
Old April 16th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Stacowgirl: Yes I understand why you keep choosing the ship Holiday. I am going to book another cruise and it will be on Holiday. Loved the ship and everything on board. Toni

Carnival Ship - Holiday

Old April 16th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Yeoman

I am so glad you all love the Holiday, I am leaving this monday and I can't wait. It will be our 4th cruise in just a little over a year. Talk about being addicted! I'm still not all packed, and I never know just which outfit I want to take. Don't really need much, as I will be laying on the deck soaking up the sun and sipping my umbrella drinks! , I will write a review when we get back and I'm sure it will be very good! We pland on taking a taxi to playa del carmen and doing a beach day, and are renting a jeep in Cozumel and driving the island, been there before, and ending w/a visit to Carlos & Charlies.Happy Cruising to All!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old April 17th, 2004, 03:40 PM
First Mate

Hey Deb, Make sure you let me know how your trip on the sensation went because I am planing to book that one for Dec 13 when she will be sailing out of New Orleans.

Sheila

Post Edited (04-18-04 12:30)

Old April 18th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Yeoman

Sheila,

Will let you know how the sensation is when we return from that. All indications are it is a good ship, other than the purple decor. Almost ready to leave for the Holiday. We are leaving this afternoon at 5:00 EST to drive, (brother-in-law had to work), so we are driving all night. I'll leave some of those umbrella drinks for you on the Holiday. Hope you have a great sail on the Holiday too. Thanks to you, I am more confident the cruise will be enjoyable, as after we had booked, I started reading the info and saw it is like about the oldest ship Carnival has! , Usually, I research things, but my sister-in-law asked us if we wanted to go, and of course, we never turn down an invitation like that! Happy Sailing!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old April 18th, 2004, 02:00 PM
First Mate

Deb, I hope you have a great time. Yes the ships date is June 19, 1985 which is my lil brothers birthday (that's how I remember it) but I like it because it's not as big as most ships and you can actually find your way around the ship the first day.
Checked the weather and showing rain in cozumel for mon and tue but you don't have to worry because wed and thur is SUNNY and those or your mexico days. BUT I am showing thunderstorms on SATURDAY in New Orleans The day you get back and I have to leave. BOO HOO. Well, I have to wait a couple of more days before I can get the weather schedule for my week out.

Sheila