Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default belize cave tubing???

Anyone booked cave tubing from Carnival....specifically, the Paradise??? Website says it's $$, but about what is that?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: belize cave tubing???

The $$ means it is between $50-$99. More specifically it is about $80. That does include transportation, lunch, equipment, guide and the tubing. They also will make sure you do not miss the boat. (a very important gty in Belize)
Jim

Old April 19th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Passenger

We booked through Xtreme Cave Tubing - you do 2 caves, instead of 1, and it only cost $60 per person. We were there with Carnival excursions, but they only did one of the caves and we fit in two. We beat them back to the tender also. There's a huge bus load of people they wait on, and we had 9 in our van. Much quicker. It was wonderful - just got back yesterday. So sad
Old April 19th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I booked ours also with an outside company for $55/person - they take small groups of 16 people max. I am so looking forward to it. I had some reservations about it, because of the "walking" that is involved because my parents want to go also, so I called the company and talked to them about it. They said that it is about a 30 minute walk (shorter than what Carnival site states). My parents both walk everyday,so I don't think they will have an issue with it, but if my mother isn't up to it, then she will only lose the deposit of $11.

Jodi

Old April 19th, 2004, 06:03 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: belize cave tubing???

I've been looking at the info on Reggie's tours. for the caves... anybody have any particular feedback on them? They claim they've never had anybody late for their ship - after 5 years of doing this. I'm really leaning toward them - but would like some opinions.
Thanks much

Old April 20th, 2004, 11:14 AM
suzieqk

Just got back from the Glory. I booked the caves thru X-stream online. They were fantastic. Paid 60pp we had 11 people in our tour. They only take max of 14. Richard met us right at the dock, we then took a bus with Mr. Charlie- he stayed with us the entire time, we did one dry cave and two wet ones. He even took it upon himself to keep this little 9 yr old girl in our group attached to his tube the entire time. We passed up the carnival group-about 40 people and got back before them to the tender. They were fantastic!!!
Old April 20th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

I did Reggie's. Nice tour. We did it in May and the water was low so we had to walk a lot instead of using the tube, but good tour.
Old April 20th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Passenger

We used Reggie last June. We were a group of 9 Guys and They took real good care of us. We did not get to him until late in the morning but we did the caves and still made it back in plenty of time. His sidekick Tim was a blast

Carnival Imagination
Carnival Sensation 2005
Carnival Legend 2004
Carnival Imagination 2003
Carnival Imagination 2002
Nordic Empress 2001
Carnival Pa
Old April 21st, 2004, 03:23 PM
Passenger

Reggie is the best and guarantee that you will be back in time for the boat. Alot less money too with alot less people. Highlight of our cruise.

Sensation 6/04
Mariner of the Seas 11/04
Old April 22nd, 2004, 08:27 AM
First Mate

Thanks for the info .... Sounds like Reggie may just be the way we'll go. My biggest concern was the time factor and NOT being late to the ship - but you have taken care of those concerns

Is it August YET????

Old April 22nd, 2004, 09:44 AM
Admiral

And just how does he gty you will be back in time to make the ship? He certainly cannot hold the ship for you. Has he signed a contract, (enforceable?) with you that states he will fly you to the next port of call? While he may be very good he is independant and no independant can make that sort of gty. The only gty of making the ship is through a ships tour, period.
Jim

Old April 25th, 2004, 06:21 AM
ummagumma

I used X-treme tours , 6 in our group, Richard was wonderful....plus gave us a tour of the city, fresh papaya,bananas,watermelon,pineapple, after the tubing and was knowledgable about the flora and fauna and just about everything else about Belize.
Old April 25th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Marcy Pan

X-Stream is awesome!!! We had the best day of our cruise with X-Stream cave tubing in Belize!!!

Old April 25th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Admiral

We used Xstream in March and they were great! They made sure we left the caves in enough time to get back for the last tender....we were back 30 min prior to the last tender so we were fine. Only thing is if there is trouble on the way back you may be late so you do take a chance when booking independently. Just be aware of your times for the tenders/boarding and let the guides know. Richard and Thomas from Xstream knew our times beforehand and made sure we were back within enough time.

Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:09 AM
spike

I was just wondering if there are any parisites or weird **** in the river water? This is the jungle, nor Disneyworld.