Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Geri617

Default Price Drop Shipboard Credit

We are booked on the Miracle for June 19. We booked a cat 8A GTY for 2. My siser in laws family booked a Cat 11 for 4. I went to the carnival website today and noticed a price drop. I called the booking agent at the cruise agency and informed her of the price drop and asked her to get us all shipboard credit. She said she would call carnival and see what she could do. She called me back 15 minutes later with a $150 shipboard credit for my cabin and a $400 shipboard credit for my sister in laws cabin.

She was kinda surprise by my call at first but I knew this could be done and she knew I knew it. See how important it is to view prices even after booking a cruise? I have no doubt in my mind that she would not have called me to tell me the price dropped and would we like shipboard credit. These are things u have to do for yourself. I am sure there are some TA out there that do do this I have yet to find one for myself. If i could she or he would be my TA for life.

So i encourange everyone to keep watching those prices.
Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:48 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Price Drop Shipboard Credit

We had the same info on a cruise we are taking April 25, that the price had dropped, but our TA says that since we have already paid in full, we cannot get shipboard credits. Is this correct?
Old April 21st, 2004, 10:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to MikesMom
Default Re: Re: Price Drop Shipboard Credit

Absolutely NOT. I paid in full when i booked my cruise 2 weeks ago. I got $150 shipboard credit yesterday. She or he is pulling a fast one. Don't let up on it they can do it for you.

CCL FASCINATION 1/04
CCL MIRACLE 6/04
Old April 21st, 2004, 10:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to nycruiser

I am a TA and if I see a rate went down on a sailing that a client is on I do notify them and see what I can do with the cruise line. Also if a client calls and says the rates went down I do see what I can do for them. But you have realize, as rude as this may sound, a travel agent cannot stay on top of every client who booked a cruise and see if the rate went down each day. Unfortunately the cruise line does not notify us (of course not because they want to make money) If I did that I would never leave the office! So as Geri617 was saying it is wise to check yourself and notify your agent.

If the rate went down after final payment was placed and Carnival cannot refund some back to you then you really should get a sipboard credit or an upgrade especially if the price drop was significant

Old April 21st, 2004, 11:17 AM
Passenger

Thanks- left another message for the TA - I called Carnival and they said that although they don't decide who will and will not get them, it sounded to them like the TA didn't even try, and if she calls Carnival they will probably give it to her. So, we'll see what we can do! Appreciate the advice, thanks. (I may find out not to use this TA again!)
Old April 21st, 2004, 01:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good luck please let us know how it works out.

CCL FASCINATION 1/04
CCL MIRACLE 6/04
Old April 21st, 2004, 01:05 PM
Passenger

Now she says that our category is sold out (we booked a 1A guarantee - I know, we are cheap!) and therefore Carnival cannot give any reduction or shipboard credit. Does that make sense? They did give us an upgrade to 4B cabin, but it is M28, in the nose of the ship! Is there anything else we can do???
Old April 21st, 2004, 01:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to FlawedAngel

I also booked a 1A....and we got an upgrade to a 4A GTY, and then a $20 refund to my credit card....

No shipboard credit or anything, but after seeing the 1A rooms, I am really glad we got the upgrade!
Old April 21st, 2004, 02:19 PM
First Mate

Well im kinda a newbee to cruiseing but I do know that we got a $120.00 shipboard creditin a rivera deck inside cabin in feb.so you should be able to claim the price redution and the TA should give it to you . Otherwise are you to close in to cancel?If not tell her you want to cancel n just call CCL n rebook..Good luck

Old April 21st, 2004, 02:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Price Drop Shipboard Credit

yeah something doesn't smell right. What difference does it make if that category is sold out? I would pursue this.

CCL FASCINATION 1/04
CCL MIRACLE 6/04
Old April 21st, 2004, 03:33 PM
Passenger

I have booked and am ready to go may 1 the last few days I have seen better prices on my cruise on certain websites with same room... but carnival still has my same price? should my TA be able to do something?
Old April 21st, 2004, 04:51 PM
Passenger

Can you tell me what a shipboard credit is? Can you use it in the ships stores? I'm not a big drinker so I don't suspect I'll use it for alcohol.

Old April 21st, 2004, 06:49 PM
First Mate

I booked my upcoming cruise 38 days before it cruises and I paid in full. Paid $349 for first two and then $299 for 3rd person for a 4A gty. I saw a week later that the 1st and 2nd passenger rate went down to $299. I called carnival and they gave me an instant upgrade to 4D. I got upgraded 3 floors up to Empress and got assigned a room. Then a couple of days later the price went back up. So had I not seen it I probably wouldn't have gotten an upgrade because of booking so close to departure. I say look everyday at the prices and call immediatly.