Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Admiral

Default YES PRICE DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just checked online with Carnival and the cost of a BL GYT went down fron $699 to $679 whoo hooo for 2 of us we just got $40 taken off our cruise In Dec of 2004.. So keep your eye open for those prices...... I am SOOOOOOOOO happy I will be checking EVERYDAY now

Carnival Celebration 94
Carnival Fantsy 96
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Krazyk

Default Re: YES PRICE DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed a slight price drop too. Would I contact Carnival or the Online cruise site I used to book the cruise???
Old April 20th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Admiral

try where u booked the cruise 1st then go to Carnival if needed

Carnival Celebration 94
Carnival Fantsy 96
Old April 20th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Geri617

Miracle for June 19th dropped about $100 pp we got $150 shipboard credit and my sister in law got $400 for her cabin in shipboard credit.
Old April 20th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Passenger

I've read about the credits several times.. but I have a question. Are you saying that if the price drops lower than what I paid for my cruise (on the Carnival site) though I booked through a TA... that I am entitled to a credit?

Old April 21st, 2004, 12:40 AM
Passenger

Another question.....the price you are checking for a drop is cruise only, correct? Not with added on port and tax fees??

Happy Cruizin'
Linda

Old April 21st, 2004, 06:41 AM
Geri617

What I am saying is........Let me give u an example....

I paid $1000 pp for a cruise from my TA
Carnival website that day was offering the same cabin for $1200
2 weeks later Carnival website's price of $1200 drops to $1100
Although the Carnvial website is still more than I paid to my TA it still shows that particular cruise has dropped $100 pp for the same cabin. And yes we are entitled to a shipboard credit or upgrade. You cannot get $$ put back in your pocket...so to speak but having a shipboard credit is like cash on the ship.

Hope this helps.
Old April 21st, 2004, 06:46 AM
Admiral

Carnival just reduced what I owed them by $40 Since I still had a Balance. Which Is fine with me as well.

Carnival Celebration 94
Carnival Fantsy 96
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:37 AM
sls

If a TA offered you a price lower than Carnival to begin with they may not offer you a further reduction. The TA offered a lower price at the expense of their comission and may just be gambling that the price will come down and their comission will go up.

sls
Old April 21st, 2004, 11:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to FlawedAngel

I got the absolute cheapest cabin available (1A) (which I will NEVER do again), and our price dropped, so I called our TA and she upgraded our cabin to a GTY 4A, and credited $20 back to my credit card...so now we will at the very least have a 4A cabin (which is nicer and bigger than what we did have, DO NOT ever book the 1A) and could potentially be upgraded to an even better cabin, and got $20 back!

SO GLAD I CALLED!
Old April 21st, 2004, 07:53 PM
First Mate

If you booked through a TA you cannot call Carnival to request or discuss anything. They will tell you to contact your agent. Period. Found this out when my name was mispelled and my agent said she would take care of it and 4 weeks later my docs come with misspelled name. I called Carnival and they said they can only assist people that booked directly through them and that you must contact TA. So from then on I just book with Carnival directly.

Old April 21st, 2004, 09:22 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: YES PRICE DROP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that if you book w/a TA or cuise discount broker ,the cruise line wont help you. Last year our we paid 299USD PP for a inside cabin{not on CCL but another line}. with a cruise broker. I than noticed a few weeks before the cruise the price droped to 199USD. I called my TA and they said the cruise wouldnt give me back any money but they did get them to upgraded our cabin to an outside which was about 6USD higher than what I orig paid. When all was said and done I checked the cruises website about 2days prior to dep and noticed we were upgraded to a balc suite. If we hadnt complaned would we have still been upgrded-who knows but for someone who never even had a window to have a balc suite {with a bathtub}was cool. I am so spoiled now.

One comment about the 1A type cabins. My husband and I had that type cabin on a 4/5day carib cruise and enjoyed it. . It was our 3rd cruise{ the first two were on NCL {which I think have the smallest cabins afloot}I couldnt believe how big it was compared to NCL rooms{both inside cabins}. When we orderd breakfast on NCL in our room we were eating on the bed for there was no room anywhere else. In cabin type 1A-we order room svr one day for lunch and we had room to eat in the sitting area which was seprate from the bed area, plus the bathroom was "normal size" and the shower was a regular stall type you get at home. Of course at night you have to be careful about hitting you head if you get up to quick-thats how i got to be on top-lol - but for the price and what you get cruise wise its not that bad. IMHO It makes a fun conversational piece-
Old April 21st, 2004, 10:40 PM
Passenger

Booked Victory for NE/Canada for Sept. Noticed price reduction on several sites so called TA(Travelocity). They talked to Carnival and got $100 off per couple in our 8A balcony. Will keep checking and was advised by Travelocity to call in July/Aug to see about upgrade to a mini suite. They said good chance because our cabin is easier to sell at the last minute.

Price reduction before the actual charge to your credit card are a rather normal occurance per the TA. Our charge will be made July 7 for the remainder. We are now in at $2296.74 total /couple on this trip.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 07:24 AM
Passenger

The price of our cruise has now dropped over $600.00 since I booked it and my TA, who I believe does not have a clue , says there is nothing she can do. She told me that Carnival will not give an upgrade from our BL GTY that I booked til we arrive the day of the cruise.
What can I tell her?
Old April 22nd, 2004, 05:40 PM
Admiral

Call carnival your self with your booking number

Carnival Celebration 94
Carnival Fantsy 96
Old April 23rd, 2004, 01:26 PM
she

if u book a cruise through TA and u are the only one going ( just booking for one ) and u check the price on carnival that for 2 people its a low price like 439, but for one person its about 600, do u think i could call the TA and get compensated for the 2 person price?
Old April 24th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Admiral

NOPE you have to pay the dreded single supplement .. to make up for only 1 in the room

Carnival Celebration 94
Carnival Fantsy 96
Old April 24th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Admiral

Saving money on a cruise is the BOMB

Carnival Celebration 94
Carnival Fantsy 96