Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2004, 03:34 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey
Default Victory Dining

Hey Everyone - I was just reading a review of the Victory and now I am very confused about the dining arangments. There is of course the main dining room, but what else is there?
Also, the reviewer made it seem like the buffet was located in the main dining room and it caused a major traffic jam. Is this true?

Any other comments about this subject would be appreciated.

Thanks!

~Carey

Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2004, 03:46 PM
Captain

Default Re: Victory Dining

The Victory has two main dining rooms each dining room has different early and late seatings.

The Victory also has a buffet which can be accessed from port or starboard side of the ship. While walking into the buffet on one side there is also a walk up window to order Chinese food. On the other side while walking into the buffet there is a window to order Deli food. A buffet area on any ship can have long lines during certain hours. Just watch what time you go and adjust to avoid the lines. The buffet does have an upper level for seating that is open most hours but not all.

The Victory also has a grill out by the pool area that is open certain hours where you can get burgers, fries, hot dogs and in the morning breakfast foods.

The Victory also has a place to get pizza that is open 24 hours a day with the exception of the last night of the cruise.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 03:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Never had any traffic jam problems....in fact we had NO complaints or problems with this ship....it was AWESOME!

No worries--enjoy!

Valor Westside!
Old April 23rd, 2004, 05:57 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegtf10mch Send a message via MSN to eclipsegtf10mch

duing lunch time, lido deck gets a little crowded with people in lines for the buffet, deli, burgers, pizza, and chinese but other than that there wasn't a problem for us

Old April 23rd, 2004, 06:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Dining in the main dining room was great, we were placed in the back of the ship by the window. Wonderful at sunset time. Patchatree( she liked to be called Lilly) was a great waitress, she made the trip. I really liked the buffet for breakfast, made to order scramble eggs, fresh grapefruit, and croisannts(sp). After a big breakfast I reaaly didn't go to much for lunch. But room service was good too. That is they only place you can get potato chips, but it was worth the tip both times. They also have different sandwiches from room service. I did find that the midnight buffet wasn't really worth staying up for but that was just my preferance. The big buffet on the next to last night was really something to see. But be patient the lines are long. But there are lines on 4 sides.
It's a great ship, have fun. Sit by the windows in the buffet the views are just awesome.