Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2004, 09:39 AM
Passenger

Default Where to stay in Long Beach

Any recommendations on where to stay in Long Beach.

Ecstasy 6/2002
Pride 6/2004

Old April 26th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Relliea

Default Re: Where to stay in Long Beach

Mke we stayed at the Hilton on Ocean Blvd. before our Pride cruise last month. I bid a catagory 3 @ $50.00 thru priceline since it was Spring break but you could probably bid that property at $37-$40 & get it. The hotel was clean & the room was very comfortable.
If you want a more elegant 4* property I'd look into the Westin or the Rennaisance.
All are an easy 5 minute cab ride to the Long beach port and the Queen Mary.
Good luck.
Old May 10th, 2004, 10:53 AM
windward402

Hi,
My husband and I just got back from the mexican riviera yesterday. We sailed on the carnival pride and it was wonderful!!! Before sailing we came in saturday night and stayed at the Rodeway Inn at 50 Atlantic Ave. Long Beach, CA. VERY CLOSE BY. The cost was $53.10 (couldn't beat that price) The room was old but clean. We were there for less than 12 hours. You don't have to pay a fortune unless you want to. We figured we would be on the pride in our category 11 suite soon enough and we were!! What a beautiful stateroom and balcony..... If you are sailing on carnival, please let me know if you have any questions, we will let you know how real everyday kinda people think!
Old May 10th, 2004, 06:17 PM
First Mate

We are going on the Pride in Jan .I cant wait so any info you can send me would be great..Do you know anything about the deep sea fishin?How was the shopping ?What port was the best in pricing?/Any info would help Ty

Old May 10th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Mike, you are going to LOVE the Pride. We took our first cruise July 2003 on the Ecstasy, and even though we live in Southern California, we drove down to Long Beach and stayed on the Queen Mary. I think that the room would have been okay, however it was one of those 100 degree Long Beach days and the air conditioning wasn't working very well. We had booked a first class stateroom that had two porthole windows, but I had to stand on a chair to look out at the harbor. We were so excited about our first cruise that we did not sleep very well, and had to leave our door open to get a nice breeze through the "cabin". They had several walking tours, and I think that because of the infamous QM "ghosts" they kept looking into our room for any out of the ordinary sightings. I told my DH that I probably looked pretty scary by the a.m., since I was so excited about our first cruise and hardly slept at all. We were up at 6 a.m. and threw on our clothes and headed starboard to see the beautiful Ecstasy docked right along the starboard side of the QM. Okay to make a long story short (HELLO VIKKI!!!) We loved our cruise and sailed on the Pride March 7. 2004 and we knew that our choice of cruising for our vacation(s) was not only a reality but a must!!! The Carnival Spirit class ships are very well laid out and easy to navigate. Because we prefer to set sail out of our local area and avoid the hassle of flying (Hello HARRY!!!) We are seriously looking at the Carnival Spirit eight day cruise departing San Diego because it is a Carnival Spirit Class Ship, and has an extra sea day and the ports are different.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

-Vikki