Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Beginner

Default booking direct

i was wondering if booking directly with carnival instead of a travel agency is better carnival pricing includes tax and port charges travel agencies dont include this in the price

Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: booking direct

I did and got a great price. For a room with a Balcony
Old April 26th, 2004, 12:53 PM
First Mate

I love my Carnival agent. I think it is much better to go through Carnival. She said that she had the very lowest prices, so if you find a cheaper price with a TA, I would go to Carnival and I am sure they would match it.

Royale 5/85; Oceanic 7/85, 5/86, 5/89
Veracruz 7/88; Fantasy 7/97;
Tropicale 6/98; Sov. Seas 6/99;
Sensation 5/03, 5/04; Glory 9/03,Triumph 9/04; Pride 3/05
Old April 26th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I'm afraid ... in most cases, this is a misconception. There's absolutely no reason for Carnival to offer you a lower price than a travel agent... and they certainly WILL NOT lower their quoted price to match a travel agent.

Travel agents basically get the same rates as you would by calling Carnival direct. However , in that price is their commission. 90% of travel agents will discount a portion of the their commissions in order to get your business. Therefore you are getting a lower price.

If Carnival really wanted your business they could offer you a discount equal to the commisssions they pay travel agents ( anywhere from 10-18%), but they don't do that.

In fact, you can book with Carnival at the best price they offer, then shop your booking to travel agents. When you find a discounted price you're happy with, Carnival will allow you to transfer your booking to the agent, and the reduced price.

If you really believe you're getting a better deal booking direct... do what I suggested above. Lock in your reservation, and then shop it. You will save money from Carnival's price!

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/