Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Passenger

Default Missing woman on Elation

While I was reading posts about the Elation I read several posts about a woman from Las Vegas who went missing while on the Elation last Feb. There was never a post saying what happened to her. Does anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Martin J.

Default Re: Missing woman on Elation

Hey...I was on that cruise and they kept announcing her name for 3 hours on the sip while in Cabo and after we sailed.Then security searched every room top to bottom.We were told the night before the woman and a male friend got into a big fight in one of the bars.Then she comes up missing in between Mazatlan and Cabo....Hummmm.....We we also told that her "friend" was now in the ships jail...Hummmm....On that cruise there was also a older man that died the night before port.....
Old April 26th, 2004, 02:55 PM
venice

there really is a "jail" onboard ?
Old April 26th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Martin J.

Yes...the ships jail is called the brig
Old April 26th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Passenger

I keep reading various versions of this story. I know it really happened because I was able to see a report in the LV newspaper. I just wanted if she was ever found. I am creeped out about the story.
Old April 26th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Martin J.

found this on the net......

Friends and family are holding two fundraisers to raise money to help locate a missing Las Vegas woman. Roberta Musquiz Pagan was vacationing with her husband, five-year-old son and other family members aboard a Carnival Cruise ship in the Mexican Riviera when she disappeared. Her disappearance was discovered Jan. 30 when her husband, Jose Pagan, realized she had not returned to their cabin aboard the ship the previous night. The ship disembarked in San Pedro, California, Jan. 31, and the FBI began their investigation. According to family, the FBI cleared Jose Pagan of any wrongdoing and Roberta’s whereabouts are still undetermined. Jose Pagan has hired a private investigator and lawyer to help locate his wife. Unfortunately, the U.S. Coast Guard won’t get involved in the search because the disappearance occurred in Mexican waters. Two fundraisers are being held by the Hob Nob Salon, 7450 W. Cheyenne Ave., where Roberta is employed. Funds will be used to pay for the private investigator, lawyer, family counseling, family support and any memorial service in the future if necessary. The first fundraiser will take place 8 a.m. to approximately 6 p.m. Feb. 16 at the salon. A rummage sale will take place 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and a cut-a-thon will begin at 9 a.m. and end at 6. Haircuts will be given for $15; manicures for $12; and pedicures for $20. All monies from the rummage sale and cut-a-thon will go into a special fund that has been established. To make an appointment for the cut-a-thon, call 702-395-6665. The second fundraiser, a benefit dinner, will take place at 5 p.m. Feb. 22 at Dino’s Lounge, 1516 Las Vegas Blvd. South. Cost is $10 per plate and a variety of items will be raffled or auctioned off. Donations will be accepted during both events or at any time at the Hob Nob Salon. Donations may also be made directly to the Roberta Pagan Charitable Contributions account at Bank of America. The account number is 004965450160. For additional information, call Kathleen Covarrubias at 702-219-1310 (not for publication) or 702-395-6665 ext. 105.
Old April 26th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Yeoman

Yes - ships do have a brig onboard.
Old April 26th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Admiral

that is a freaky story... kinda like Natalie Wood I guess... "woman overboard " ??
Old April 26th, 2004, 06:49 PM
First Mate

Don't know why that should freak anyone out. Crimes of all kinds happen every day in every city of the US. Are you freaked out in your city?
Old April 26th, 2004, 06:54 PM
cougar242

That is terrible.. Twice on the same ship..
Old April 26th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Passenger

Which reminds me What kind of wood doesn't float? Natalie Wood

Carnival Imagination
Carnival Sensation 2005
Carnival Legend 2004
Carnival Imagination 2003
Carnival Imagination 2002
Nordic Empress 2001
Carnival Pa
Old April 26th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Baystate

Last October while on the Paradise a woman was missing while in the Dominican Republic. They just kept calling her name over and over. It was just terrible. They even held the ship for about 20 minutes. The Dominican Republic is definitely not a place to wander alone that's for sure.
Old April 26th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Admiral

It didnt freak me out so to say... its just very bizarre ! Makes me htink of Robert Stack & UNSOLVED MYSTERIES....

crime is everywhere unfortunately... but you never know what really happened here... maybe both these ladies ran away ? I doubt it, but is plausible I guess... hope they are both safe wherever they are.... (thats naive, huh ?)
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:29 AM
jq

Default Re: Re: Missing woman on Elation

Mmmmm???? Maybe something is going on? We were on the Pride the following week 2/8 and had to put in at Cabo on our way down to offload a couple because the man became sick. They didn't announce anything except we were making unscheduled stop and we were gone in about 20 minutes.
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Gary L Rounds

Yes, Natalie Wood, was inebriated, fell overboard a small yacht in the Catalina Harbor and drowned.

Gary :-)
Old April 27th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Passenger

I live in at town of 1200. It is creepy!!! And by the way twice???? What do you mean twice?
Old April 27th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Admiral

Did they ever find her?

Carnival Celebration 94
Carnival Fantsy 96
Old April 27th, 2004, 03:41 PM
cougar242

I was just referring to two people passing away on the same ship at the same time.. Two nights in a row..
Old April 28th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Passenger

I wish I knew if they found her.
Old April 28th, 2004, 11:09 PM
scopster

If anything these stories should be told to the parents that let their children out all hours of the night on a cruise ship, thinking that nothing can happen to them.
Old June 26th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Roberta was never found and nothing else was ever done. Her husband declared her deceased 7 years after the incident. Roberta was my best friend. Her son is my Godson. Today would have been Roberta's 47th birthday. I still miss her and think of her often.
Old June 26th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin J. View Post
Hey...I was on that cruise and they kept announcing her name for 3 hours on the sip while in Cabo and after we sailed.Then security searched every room top to bottom.We were told the night before the woman and a male friend got into a big fight in one of the bars.Then she comes up missing in between Mazatlan and Cabo....Hummmm.....We we also told that her "friend" was now in the ships jail...Hummmm....On that cruise there was also a older man that died the night before port.....
Jose, Roberta's husband, was given a polygraph and cleared of any wrongdoing. It is true that they were both drinking and they had a huge fight the night she came up missing. She went out for a walk by herself after the two returned to their cabin and that was the last her husband saw her. I never knew that another person died as well during the same trip.