Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Beginner

Default Triumph vs Conquest

I was wondering if any of you that have been on both the Triumph and the Conquest could compare the two ships for us. My wife and I along with another couple sailed on the Triumph last year and are going to be sailing on the Conquest in September. We were wondering how the two ships compared to each other. Any information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to branflakes1991 Send a message via Yahoo to branflakes1991
Default Re: Triumph vs Conquest

id like to know too.
Old July 6th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Beginner

Has anyone been on both ships? Any information you could provide about the differences btwn the two would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old July 8th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to branflakes1991 Send a message via Yahoo to branflakes1991

Well, someone has had to have been on at least one of them, if you have, please post just to say if you liked it- a mini-review. Thanks!

Old July 8th, 2004, 10:12 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)

OK, We sailed the Conquest last June in its first season. Monster of a boat, much more elegant that ealier models. We were on for seven days and still were not ready to leave. Even though it is massive, it was not crowded. The main dining room on the back of the boat had a back wall of glass. After we left each port we would go to dinner and watch it disappear into the sunset. The wake off the back of the boat made for beautiful scenary all by itself. The rooms were great. Big bathrooms with life size vanities, shower and so on. Multiple shops, plenty on picture time, large cacino, and a gym to die for with top notch equipment. There is a club just for teens and I think our son spent the whole trip in the hugh video arcade. Plenty of food choices were available with hardly ever a line. Wonderful midnight buffets. There was a great covered but open deck just under the lifeboat deck. I spent many an hour in the lounger watching the sea and on the way home we passed the oil rigs in the gulf. That was real cool. The shows and the comdian were fantastic. Stuff to do was plentyful. There is a hugh water slide that expands up two decks. I would take this ship in a heartbeat.

I have a work mate who took the triumph. She calls it the trip from hades. Said they over booked the cruise and even though they had a balcony room, the lines were horrible. I personally, have sail CCL twice already felt that was a one time incident and the things that bothered her probably would not have bothered me. I would take this boat in a heartbeat.

There you have!

If all else fails number them 1 & 2 and pull your choice out of a hat. Your bound to have a ball on either.

TC

On Glory - 05-06-06

Sensation,Jubilee ,Maj.of the Seas,Conquest, Victory.
Old July 9th, 2004, 04:22 AM
tazee

Default Re: Re: Triumph vs Conquest

TC, who is the cd on the conquest? ty
Old July 9th, 2004, 12:47 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)

Can't remember but I will pull out my Carnival Capers from that trip and look. The only one I can remeber for sure was the CD for the Jubilee. Will get back to you after work.

TC

On Glory - 05-06-06

Sensation,Jubilee ,Maj.of the Seas,Conquest, Victory.