Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Passenger

Default Alcohol on board

I know I'm going to take some heat for this, but do they go thru your bags when you're boarding? I'm thinking about packing some alcohol and I'm wondering how people do it without getting caught. Don't bother posting the "don't do it's".
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Re: Alcohol on board

I take Parrot Bay rum because of the nine CCL cruises I have been on, not a one carried it in any bar and it is my liquor of choice. I don't take it out of the cabin, but I enjoy a glass of it while getting ready for dinner.

They don't search your luggage unless something looks odd. At least mine has never been searched. However, I have been searched - maybe I look odd. (just kidding, never searched)

I usually buy a cheap plastic bottle to put some in, take just enough for the cruise, and then toss the bottle in the trash at the end of the cruise.

Old April 26th, 2004, 06:45 PM
First Mate

Your carry on bags go thru the x-ray and if a bottle shape is detected you have an 85% chance of it being taken away. All checked luggage also goes thru an x-ray machine which is conducted by the TSA and they don't care about liquor, however if you have anything in your bag that looks like a weapon or other prohibited item your bags will be taken to the purser where it will be opened in front of you and any liquor would be taken at that time.
Old April 27th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Beginner

Cool.. so I'm not the only one wanting to stash some alcohol..
I plan on buying plenty of alcohol while on my cruise.. dinners, poolside - etc..
but wanted something for hubby & I to drink while in our cabin for ourselves...

last cruise we went on... Our bags weren't searched at all.. went through the x-ray machines just fine...
though, no alcohol was in the bags - maybe thats why they went through ok.. lol
but plan on taking some for the cabin..
Is there a limit on what you can bring?
i've heard about a cork fee...
which is cool too... I'll pay that if I have to..
So if there's a cork fee - why do they still take it from you if its found??

Above it says if there is a bottle shape found- they will search it ... Im curious though..
cause I would like to take some of my small bottles of water ( did not care for the bottled water they had on board last time) & some of my lil diet smoothies.. because I did not see any of these aboard last time for purchase... & usually thats all I have for breakfast....

lol- & cruisenut... no heat from this end.. I dont see anything wrong with you wanting to bring the alcohol aboard..

Old April 27th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

You are allowed to bring on wine and champagne. The corkage fee is for that, though I think it is rarely charged. If it's not, remember that when you tip your waiter.
There are many, many threads discussing how to sneak on alcohol. Do a bit of a search and you'll find all the advise you need. Extremely rare for someone's booze to be taken away from them if it's packed in a checked suitcase.
Old April 27th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Passenger

I packed a gallon of Jack Daniels in Soda Bottles and a case of beer inside a coke 24 pack. No Problem just a heavy suitcase
Old April 27th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Alcohol on board

please let me know the next time you cruise.
b
Old April 27th, 2004, 04:34 PM
sscruz

I always bring some on board . Sometimes I have a drink in the cabin and sometimes I buy on deck.... never have gotten in trouble
Old April 28th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

We make our own drinks in the cabin and then take them up to the deck.
Old April 28th, 2004, 11:01 AM
First Mate

we packed a lg bottle of Sky vodka a bottle of goldschalger in bubble wrap (we were flying first) and just in case those were taken I had a back up plan I got a lg bottle of listerine and emptied it n put in a lg bottle of capt morgans.When it got to the room all was there....Dont get me wrong we had our fair share of drinks on the decks as well so I didnt cheat the ship out of a bunch of money so please no neg comments of what a bad person I am. We just enjoy having a few drinks in our room and if I could buy it on board n take it to our room then I would (from the liquor shop)but that isnt deliverd untill the night before you get off the boat. So any way have fun I dont think you are an awful person trying to take a little liquid courage on board with you...

Old April 28th, 2004, 11:03 AM
bill123

burbon in listerine bottle works great clear liquer in water bottles no problem, take it with us every time.