Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2004, 06:03 AM
bill123

Default Re: TA says don't believe info about onboard credit ... True

we have had three price reductions on our may 29th cruise two we took ship credit the other we took an upgrade, dont let your travel agent pull the wool over your eyes, I booked our own with carnival direct got a better price than through a travel agent and the people who book direct our carnival rep told us get the first upgrades.
Old April 29th, 2004, 05:09 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

WOO HOO! My price dropped $50 per person!
I called my TA and everyone was right - they knew exactly what I was talking about and it was no problem.
For some reason, maybe b/c my cruise hasnt been paid off in full yet, they just took the $100 off the total that we still owe. Works for me!
Thanks for everyone help!!

Old April 29th, 2004, 05:23 PM
SuzieQuzie

I'm so glad others are having success at this.

What is the easiest way to check for the price drop? Do I have to pretend I am booking a cruise (online) and work my way to the point of price? Carnival price doesn't include taxes and port charges. How do I know how much that is? Cause then I have to add that to the Carnival price to compare to my total price from TA. Then I can see if the price has dropped.

Also, is there a secret to when they usually drop prices? Like on the weekends or a particular day at midnight, like the airlines? Or is there no rhyme or reason to it?
Thanks!
Old April 29th, 2004, 05:32 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: TA says don't believe info about onboard credit ...

As far as I know, Carnivals prices do include port charges and taxes, but I could be wrong... I did exactly as you described - went on and pretend to book the cruise again, I originally paid $649 and now its is $599. When I called the travel agent, she called Carnival and they read the price to her without port fees, but one the site, it had them all added up for me.

Old April 29th, 2004, 05:59 PM
kakarp

not true about Carnival not liking to give shipboard credit. When booked our cruise price was 1249.00. that was 8 months ago. 3 weeks ago price dropped to 929.00. Carnival credited back to my cc and gave my sister-in-law a shipboard credit. I didn't see my credit back on in a few days so i call again. there was a mix up. they did tell me that they would rather give shipboard credit but i didn't know that when i asked to put it back on my card. when i called the second time i asked for shipboard credit but they couldn't because the process had already started. next time i'll take the credit.

Kakarp
Old April 30th, 2004, 08:23 AM
SuzieQuzie

Carey, I double checked the fine print on the pretend booking and it said gov. fee and taxes not included. I guess port charges are though.

Now I gotta find out how much is gov fees and taxes.

I think this is almost more trouble than it is worth. I think I'm gonna wait until about 30 days out and check it. If lower great, if not Oh well.
Old April 30th, 2004, 10:44 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: TA says don't believe info about onboard credit ...

Ohh I see what you are saying...I guess what made it easier for me was that I booked through Expedia and was always given totals broken down before taxes, so that was the total I was going off of which would match the Carnival total on the site.
If you booked through a TA, they should be able to give you your total before taxes, but with port fees. Good luck.

Old May 3rd, 2004, 12:42 PM
mbres60

SusieQuzie- just call Carnival and ask them what their current prices are in your category on your particular sailing. You can ask them what the gov't fees and taxes are so you will know what to add to the prices you see on their web site. I did this on my last cruise and had no problems.