Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2004, 10:29 PM
First Mate

Default Milk with dessert?

Okay, so I'm thinking I definitely want milk with my desserts each evening at dinner. BUT - what milk selections are there?

We drink 1/2 % at home, but I'm wondering if they even have 1%, or if the only choices are skim or 2% or whole. Any insight into the milk options? :o)

Post Edited (04-27-04 22:51)

Paradise (May 7, 2004) Eastern Carribean
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2004, 09:03 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Milk with dessert?

Guess I'm the only person who drinks milk :o) hehe

Old April 28th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Sue Sue

jennifer, I like Milk too! So, you are not alone. I can't recall what type they have. I drink SKIM @ home, but, I guess I will take what they have. If it is whole milk, I will at least dilute it so it isn't so thick....Bluck! On another note, we are certainly on the homestretch countdown. Only a 5 days for me, 4 days until we leave for Miami, 3 days if I don't count today, 2 days if Friday doesn't count because I will be too busy. See how it works? Are you packing yet? I have everything ironed, and set aside. Now it is a matter of organizing the "STUFF"...ie:makeup, toiletries, SHOES!!! YIKES, I had better get going..... Take CARE. Hope to hear from you when you get back, don't forget your review!! Sue Oh BTW, Hugs to Harrison....
Old April 28th, 2004, 09:41 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Milk with dessert?

Sue Sue -

So you and I are both single-handedly supporting the dairy industry, it would seem!

Yeah, I'm with you on the whole, even 2% milk - WAY too thick. I can taste it - ugh! But hey, it's better than no milk at all with my chocolate cake ;o)

I like your logic! I'm technically 11 days, but I'm going to find a way to rationalize like you do so it seems more like 2 or 3.

I turned one of our guest rooms into "Cruise Central" where all the bags are. We went last weekend to get all the fun stuff - sunscreen, duct tape, beach towels. So I'm about 80% packed, save for the clothes and toilitries that can't be packed until closer to time. So far, I've only used about 40% of the space in our suitcases thanks to SPACE BAGS!!! Best invention of the last 10 years, hands down. So, I've got lots of space for souvenirs!

I can't wait to hear your review as well! Have fun, and don't forget to save me some pizza! I'll give Harrison a big old hug for you. He's looking forward to staying with my parents at their house with a big ol' yard for the week. Spoiled little puppy!

Have fun and bon voyage!

Post Edited (04-28-04 09:42)

Old April 28th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Gray Cunningham

I also like milk with dessert. On the Glory, they had skim...I'm sure they had whole and maybe 2% as well, but since I prefer skim that is all I looked for.

Have a great cruise!
Old April 28th, 2004, 09:45 AM
First Mate

Hmmm...so, I'll ask for 2 glasses - one 1/2 full of skim and one 1/2 full of 2%, so I can mix them together to make 1% :o) I'm picky!

Old April 28th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Yeoman

I was on the Holiday on 4-19-04 sailing, and my husband drinks milk, so I told them to bring him skim milk for dinner. Can't remember if it was skim or 1/2%, but it was not 2% or homo. He only had it one night, then didn't have any after that. Guess he didn't like the taste, . I told him that was all he was allowed, since he would be eating 24/7 anyways.

I got to do all my laundry and just repack it in the suitcases, as we are leaving on the 5-10-04 Sensation out of Tampa. Taking our son and his girlfriend this time. Then I will have withdrawl symptoms when I get back. Guess I'll have to book something else to cure that!

Happy cruising to All!!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old April 28th, 2004, 05:00 PM
First Mate

ok well what is the duct tape for?
and the space saver bags how do thise work?
thanks for the info

Old April 28th, 2004, 05:22 PM
jaycee

re: space bags
remember that they're just as heavy with the air pushed out.
watch the weight -- i'm hearing that the airlines are weighing the bags.
so tempting to make them too heavy since they are so compact!
we are counting down to friday a.m. to honolulu to the spirit.
rode the upgrade express clear to the top!!!!]
Old April 28th, 2004, 05:24 PM
First Mate

Right jaycee, you still have to weigh those bags, because it's EASY to pack so much in such a small space, before you know it, your suitcase weights 75 lbs! hehe. Mine is OK so far :o)

shellyld6 - the space saver bags work by expelling the air from your garments, making a ton of clothes shrink down to next to nothing. You just roll the bag up once everything is in it, and the air is expelled through a little valve in the bottom. Simply amazing!

The duct tape is for a multitude of uses...I think there's lots of posts on here about it, but some uses off the top of my head are to seal off a WAY too cold air vent, to fix a broken heel, help tape closed broken luggage (it's happened to me before!), and to use in those low-cut dresses to make sure everything stays where it's supposed to ;o)

Post Edited (04-28-04 17:25)