Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2004, 11:24 PM
rhonda tultz

Default cruise planning

Just wanted to let anyone know if they are booking a cruise with Carnival, and you get r airline tickets with them as well, you better stay on top of them about the airline tickets because our cruise was ruined because they failed to book our airline tickets in time so we had to fly on stand-by. It was awful for my two children, we were trying to plan whaat we would do if we all couldn't get on. Can you imagine?? We had both of our children with us and literally at the last minute my husband who was the last person to receive a ticket got on the plane but we all to to sit separately and no one would move so at least I could sit with our children. I saved four years to take this vacation and it was ruined because Carnival failed to book the airline tickets in time. Just a note too I called in August to book this cruise and Carnival didn't book my airline tickets until I called them again and again and they finally booked them in the middle of October and our cruise was in November. I have written a letter and complained on the phone and all they want to do for me is to give me 15% off of my next cruise and a 50.00 onboard credit for OUR NEXT Cruise as if we will book another one. I suggest another cruise line!!!
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: cruise planning

After my first cruise, I never book w/the cruise company. I think you pay way to much. I like to shop for my own air, and fly down the day before so that we are refreshed first thing in the morning to get on the ship and enjoy the day before you set sail. Most all the cruise companies do air the same way. You get the craziest flight itineries, this is where the cruise company makes their money. Usually you can get your airfare on your own for half the price.

Carnival does have some really good prices on their cruises. Don't let the problem with the air ruin what a great cruise you had. It could happen with any cruise line. You can purchase your own air, and purchase insurance independently, so is there is a problem w/the air, you are still covered.

I hope you will consider taking another cruise. It is the best type of vacation for your money in my opinion. I have become hooked. My first cruise was just last year, 4-6-03, and my 5th is coming up on May 10.

Please reconsider all the fun you will be missing out on.

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!