Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Passenger

Default Destiny June 13th ROLL CALL

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this board and wondering if anyone else will be on this Southern Caribbean cruise? I'm 33 and my husband is 40 and our 4 year old daughter will be with us. I'm hoping we can make some friends before we go to know onboard the ship.

I'll be back to see who else will be going when I get home in about 4 hours.
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Destiny June 13th ROLL CALL

I'm going on the Destiny on June 6, 2004 so I won't be able to fill you in, before you leave!!! I'm sure we are going to have a blast
Old April 29th, 2004, 05:38 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Sara754

Have fun! I'll be on it July 11

Carnival Destiny 2004
Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas 2005
Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas 2006
Crown Princess 2007
Carnival Valor 2009

Carnival Freedom June 2011!
Old April 29th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Passenger

I almost booked that earlier cruise, but booked the June 13th one just in case my sister could get to go. If anyone wants any info on excursions for the different islands.........I've done TONS of research and have a binder put together already. I've been trying to find companies with excursions that we are interested in doing that will let us book outside the boat (since they charge so much more). Here are the excursions we plan on doing during the trip:

San Juan (3 days here) - Horseback riding & Bacardi tour, fort
St. Thomas - Coral World/Coki Beach, Tram Ride & birdshow, St. John's (if time
permits).
Dominica - Island tour (wanted to also do dolphin swim and tubing, but my daughter is
too young for these).
Barbados - Scuba dive, wildlife reserve, Atlantis (??), the Boatyard
Aruba - Bottom fishing (not deep sea) - CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ONE, butterfly farm,
dePalm Island

Plus, I have a list of beaches that we want to go to for each island. I could be a tour agent for as much research as I have done.
Old April 30th, 2004, 06:41 AM
Don Mull

Default I'm taking my two teen daughters

They are almost 15 and 19. I'm 54. My sis is going and taking her 18 year old daughter. I'm excited about my first cruise. Planning to go snorkeling in St. John, Do the Trafalgar Falls, emerald pool in Dominica, Tiami catamaran snorkeling cruise and Boatyard in Barbados, Beach and Carlos & Charlies in Aruba. Spending an extra night in San Juan. Trying to decide which beach in Aruba for my teen daughters. (Which has the most going on?)
Old April 30th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Passenger

Default Re: I'm taking my two teen daughters

Hi Don. Go to http://www.fantasy-cruises.com/aruba%20excursions.htm. Here you will find good pictures of Arubas most popular beaches. I am torn between Palm Beach, Sontesa Beach (on Sonesta Island) or the dePalm Island beaches. I like beaches with activities, refreshments and people (since I am a people watcher) and of course, public facilities. I plan on asking staff workers on the cruise ship which is best. They usually have a good idea which are the best beaches.

We are also staying in San Juan for extra days - 3 to be exact. I booked our hotel through hotels.com. We decided to stay at the Regency which shares it's facilities with the Wyndham Condado Plaza. The Regency (Condado's sister hotel) is a small hotel with not too many perks, but is clean and supposedly has large rooms. My agent at Carnival recommended this hotel because we can use the pool and all the other amentities at the Wyndham Condado. I got a room rate of $84 per night through hotels.com.

As far as the Dominica island excursion, I have an email into another couple that lived there for 3 months and used a tour guide that they really liked. I'm trying to get his name and contact info. I heard if you book independantly and not through the cruise ship, it will cost less and you want feel like cattle. Plus, you can spend as long as you like at each stop and see sights that the other tours don't typically stop at.

I also just received an email today from a horseback riding company in San Juan and there rates were REALLY good....$35 pp for a 2 hour tour through the rainforests and in the ocean waters. When I checked into horseback riding in Dominica and Aruba the rates were about $50 pp.

If you need any other info, let me know. I'd be more than happy to help your family out as well! :o)

Stacy
Old April 30th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Yeoman

What's the name/e-mail of the horseback riding in San Juan? That's a great price. I'd like to check it out for my next trip in san juan. Thanks

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old April 30th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Destiny June 13th ROLL CALL

Tropical Trail Rides is the name of the horseback riding facility. The couple that owns it came over from California on vacation and never returned home. I just love that story! The horses are smaller than what I'm used to, can't remember the breed's name. But these are the most popular horses in the Caribbean. I can't wait to go horseback riding. My daughter talks about it everyday!
Old May 2nd, 2004, 09:40 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Destiny June 13th ROLL CALL

I posted this info on my last post, but it was mysteriously deleted??? Maybe I'm not allowed to post this (I can't imagine why though), but here it goes again! Sorry for the delay :o(

Tropical Trail Rides
www.tropicaltrailrides.com
(787) 872-9256
Ask for Craig.........he's a really nice guy!

Let me know if you have any more questions.