Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default san juan hotels

Just returned from the Victory and had a great time. Our next one is booked for April 05 on the Destiny out of San Juan. I need help finding a good inexpensive hotel near the port as we come in a day early. We only know the Miami area any ideas out there???
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2004, 10:22 PM
rburns44

Default Re: san juan hotels

Try Priceline. Before that go to Biddingfortravel and read how to bid. They have a ton of useful info. I got the Wyndham at Old San Juan for $65 for July. It is right near the port and ships are very visible.

Becky
Old April 30th, 2004, 01:21 PM
reeboksmm

Hotel Excelsior is about a mile and a half from the pier....its very popular and its $92 on Expedia. I'm staying there post cruise in August. You're in the business district, shops, restaurants etc. Something nice and cheap but in a busy area...and not far from the airport....maybe 10 minutes....good luck!
Old April 30th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Passenger

I will be going on this same cruise on June 6, 2004. Wyndham Old San Juan is directly across the street from the dock. Some of my friends are staying at the AT WIND CHIMES and I currently have reservations at Comfort Inn. Quite a few people have said that they received pretty good rates on priceline.com. So if you like priceline that would be a good place to start.
Old April 30th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

what about the regency hotel? do you know where it is? entertainment 2004 recommended that one for me it is near the condado. we don't care if it is the best it is only for one night
Old April 30th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: san juan hotels

Hi. I just posted info regarding the Regency in my June 13th ROLL CALL post. My agent at Carnival recommended this hotel to me as well. He said he lived in San Juan for several years and recommended three hotels for my family: Condado Plaza, Marriott and San Juan Hilton. When we talked more about these hotels he told me about the Regency. He said that it is a sister hotel to the Wyndham Condado and has much cheaper rates (I got my room for $84/night through hotels.com). When I called the Wyndham Condado, they said that you can share all their amentities such as pool, spa, etc. So I booked this hotel because we'll get all the perks of a big resort without having to spend big $$ on it. Plus, it's only a few minute walk to the Wyndham Condado (from what they told me). Also, the Wyndham Condado offers babysitting services and so you can take advantage of these as well at the Regency. It's expensive though.... $15 per hour, 3 hour minimum. But this was important to me because our Carnival agent said that we absolutely must experience the Puerto Rico nightlife. So this hotel worked out perfect for us....and actually, I'm really excited about it.
Old April 30th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

thanks do you know how close it is to the port? it sounds like it is right there. what about the airport? we were in pr only at night last week as a stop on the victory and did not see much. will you take my email and let me know when you get back??? thanks so much
Old April 30th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: san juan hotels

Hi. I'm not sure how far from the port....I think it is just a quick taxi ride. Here is the Wyndham Condado's phone number, I used it to ask them all sorts of questions :o)
1-787-721-1000. And, I will be more than happy to email you when we return. If you are going on a cruise and will be visiting Dominica and Barbados.....there are 2 excursions that I really wanted to do, but couldn't because we will have a 4 year old. In Dominica there is a dolphin swim excursion on the other side of the island. It hasn't been talked about very much so most people don't know about it. I emailed them and my daughter was too young to participate...boohoo! Also, I think it was Barbados, but there is an activity called BOB. It is an underwater scooter that has a helmet with air pumped into it so that you don't have to know how to scuba dive. I thought this looked interesting too...but again, we'll have our 4 year old daughter. Anyway, I just thought I'd pass this on because I haven't seen much written about them, so people probably don't know they exist :o)
Old May 1st, 2004, 02:27 PM
Lara

We stayed at the Wyndham Old San Juan. It is a great location if you want to be in the
old town. However, we were a little disappointed to learn that our ship did not leave from the ports that are just across the street, but from a different dock about 3 miles
away.

Lara
Old May 1st, 2004, 03:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Did you see the Regency or Condado hotels? I am trying to figure out where they are in location to the Wyndham Old San Juan I saw that one.