Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2004, 05:58 PM
ZUGGAHONEY

Default CARNIVAL TRIUMHP MAY 22? how much money to bring$$??

im going on the Triumph on May 22 to the caribbean.. imn ot really sure how much $$ to bring me .. How much would a young couple spend on a 7 day cruise??? HELP
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: CARNIVAL TRIUMHP MAY 22? how much money to bring$$??

That depends on what you plan on doing. Rule of thumb is $100.pp/day. On our last cruise, 5 day, our expenses were about $400. cash for things on the islands and the port of call city. This was for souvinirs, drinks, rental car, authentic food from the islands, etc . . . If you plan on using your credit card, alot can be put on it. Everything on the ship will go on the sail and sign card, and you will probably use a credit card for that. Mainly bring cash for small things at the islands off the ship, and bring lots of small bills $1's, $5's, as they don't ever have change for you, or you get island change. For any large purchases, example-jewelry, you can charge it. It's a matter of how you spend your $$$. If is difficult to figure it out, but maybe this has helped a little. Everyone is different. Also, if you purchase shore excursions on your own off the ship, probably want to pay cash for them. I think all the caribbean islands readily welcome the American dollar. I've been to 10 islands, and never had a problem with AM. $$$.

Good Luck and Happy Cruising!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old May 1st, 2004, 11:44 AM
Danny

Hello,

This is our 7th cruise, I would say it depends on your priorities. It's easy to just charge all your onboard stuff...drinks,pictures, souviniers, tours. I'm not sure where you are going, but the credit card can be expensive, they take cc's on all the islands. cash for tipping.....gambling......and paying your Sail & Sign bill at the end of your cruise.................( pictures can get very expensive also..especially first time cruisers...no offense). I believe Debbie's estimate of $100 dollars a day should cover the cash things. If you do tours with the ship, they can be put on your Sail and Sign card, but if you do your tours on your own, cash is always a bargining factor. Feel free to e-mail if you like.

Danny
Old May 3rd, 2004, 06:41 PM
ZUGGAHONEY

Thanks guys..!! thats a lot of help..!!
Old May 3rd, 2004, 08:18 PM
theCoach

Hello

On our recent 7 day cruise to S. Carib we spent $500 on S&S card (used our Visa) and about $ 200 Cash