Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2004, 01:17 PM
redyedfrg

Default review: triumph 4/24

just the highlights. overall, DH and i had an AWESOME vacation. our stateroom (6401- balcony) was large and comfortable. neighbors were quiet and respectful. it was "mostly" clean. or steward did not show his face till end of day 2. did not change sheets until we left him a note on day 6 (actually, left the note on day 5, but he never came to make up the cabin that day). twice we had to call for beach towels (he removed the dirties, but did not leave clean ones). twice he did not leave the "capers." balcony was dirty, and steward did not empty husband's ashtray overflowing onto ground, yes hubby smokes a pack a day). on moday night, steward removed husband's newest denim shorts from cabin when he came to clean. we assume the shorts were accidentally scooped up with beach towels. which are of similar color. (truly doubt they were stolen by steward, as he was half hubby's size, and one pair of shorts are not enough to risk losing one's job over) anyway, tuesday am we reported to steward, tues evening to purser. wed evening different purser cannot find any record of report, files a new one. thurs evening, purser says they checked with housekeeping. fri am, a letter from purser saying sorry for inconvenience. no compensation offered, monetary or otherwise (frinds of ours on same cruise got 5 drinkk coupons for having a broken TV). needless to say, steward, who barely cleaned our room all week, recieved a $9 tip (someone had to pay to replace the shorts. onto the food. our dining room waiters were good (not entertaining, and did not go out of there way for us, but we got our food quickly and with a smile). their tips we left in place. the food itself was okay. only ate in dining room for dinner, and no one meal blew us away. i've had much better food at local restaurants (raleigh, NC), but i understand that when cooking for 2500 passengers, i can only expect "so much." pizza and calzones on lido deck were reallly good. did not try hong kong noodle or vienna cafe (always closed when i was hungry). NY deli fairly good, and buffet line was average and CROWDED. entertainment was great, and we really enjoyed CD john heald, but i was dissapointed to see so little of him after hearing such great things on this board. WEE jimmy was hysterical. noonan was boring and the blonde at the pool was annoying. any cruise is what you make of it, and DH and i had a fantastic time. we met tons of great people, and enjoyed all three ports of call.
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2004, 02:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: review: triumph 4/24

glad u had a great time

Carnival Celebration 94
Carnival Fantsy 96
Old May 2nd, 2004, 02:28 PM
Passenger

Glad to hear your review. You really had an open mind about it, that's always a better point of view. We leave on the triumph may 22nd. Can't wait to go! Glad you had a good time.

on the Norwegian Spirit!

Carnival Triumph 5-04
Carnival Sensation 3-00
Old May 24th, 2004, 05:03 PM
M. Rodriguez

We also cruised on the Triumph 4/24 (Eastern Caribbean). We truly enjoyed the cruise and didn't let the "little things" spoil our vacation. The "little things" were as follows:

This is our fourth cruise and I must say that although the staff on this ship did do their jobs, no one went out of their way to be friendly. Our room steward threw away all of our receipts on the last night of the cruise "by accident" she said. She had to literally remove my book and my makeup bag to get the the stack of papers which she was sure was trash. (I know where the trash can is and if it was trash I would have thrown it there). The bathroom right outside the Rome lounge ALWAYS had flushing problems and wasn't cleaned nearly enough. It always smelled when entering. After the third day and several visits to the purser's desk to inform them, I totally avoided that bathroom.

Our room was great, the food was great, the entertainment was great. We did our own excursions except for one and all were great. I expected a bit more than what was received, however, I will still cruise Carnival again.

I should add that our "personal vacation planner" was also quite a disappointment. He promised us a couple of things and never followed through on one. This was our anniversary cruise and he didn't even make any arrangements for that. I'll probably not use Carnival's planner in the future.