Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Jim O

Default Funpass Quick Checkin - HA!

I really need to vent on this one. The Carnival Funpass Quick Checkin is neither fun or quick. I feel that I am fairly qualified to be in front of a computer, however, I spent over 1 hour and forty five minutes over two days trying to complete this form. Last night the server was down and today the system still will not recognize me or my wife as a past guest, but they said that the reservation screen show that we are. This Fun Pass checkin site needs work. It asks for your booking number, name, ship and sailing date....very redundant and very quirky!! To call and get support you need past guest number. It is located on......your last Currents Magazine! Unbelievable...I have finished whining now and would really like to have a FUNSHIP special, however, I must wait another 26 days. I just hope I can the FUNPASS printed at home.
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2004, 11:48 AM
vttj

Default Re: Funpass Quick Checkin - HA!

Good luck on printing it. I have been trying for days. It still doesn't work. I had to call my TA she managed to print something and is sending it to me.

I called Carnival. The people they have doing customer support for the WEBSITE don't know Java from coffee. They didn't know what the problem was or how to fix it and the idea of notifying a programmer about it seemed to be out of the question.

The only useful info I got was to print the page that that says it was completed and that would be good enough. Although is only helps you if you managed to complete the forms.

I have had pretty good luck with the rest of Carnival's customer Service.

Victoria
Old May 4th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Jim O

Thanks for info on printing. I am looking forward to that challenge when I get home. When it takes you longer to complete a FUNPASS than it does to secure your sailing date, that is an issue that someone in the Carnival customer service department should address. I know I need to let it go......
Old May 4th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Leen

Default Re: Re: Funpass Quick Checkin - HA!

I am so sorry you guys are having trouble with the FUNPASS info. Obviously their is some sort of problem with the system, however I didnt have a problem at all completing or printing my funpass. Don't get discourage I am sure they will work out all the bugs in the system. After all it is only a machine!
Old May 4th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Passenger

I too had problems with the FUNPASS...has to do with the past guest information and possibly an error with personal information. I simply gave up and plan to do it the old fashion way.....check in with a live human.... Oh no....

BTW, I called carnival tech support and customer service countless times and no one seems to speak solid english..... WHY WOULD a company hire folks who cannot interface appropriately with PAYING customers?? Its beyond me......

Well, I just cant wait to sail on the Conquest on May 9th!!!

CHIMCHIM - check out the Speed Racer show....
Old May 4th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

For those of you that have been able to complete the funpass on line how much did it help when you got to the pier?

Also I'm a past cruiser, but my girl friend that is going this cruise is a first timer, so does that mean that I can't do the fun pass for the both of us on the web site?

One more question, for those of you that have gotten the fun pass filled out on line how much time did it save you at the pier and did they have a special line for the funpass people?

Thanks

RCI Mariner 2005 St. Thomas St Marteen
NCL Star 2006 Seattle to Alaska
NCL Pride of Aloha 2007 Hawaii Island Hopping
url=http://www.cruiseclocks.com/][/url]
Free Cruise Clocks
Old May 4th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Captain

I had no problem registering for funpass. I'm a past guest and didn't have my number but we did recieve our invitation for the past guest cocktail party and received pins in our cabin. Once we were the next in line, it took us 5 minutes to check in w/ funpass.

They do have a special line for funpass. The whole idea is that they don't have to enter all your information in at the pier, thus speeding up the process. I think some people are misunderstanding the process, thinking that they can get right on the ship without waiting in any kind of check in line.

Also, funpass is not just for past Carnival cruisers, it is for everyone, so yes, you can register your girlfriend too.
Old May 4th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Funpass Quick Checkin - HA!

I too had problems with the FunPass, but here's what I found out:

Carnival is implementing new software and is having problems with the past guest part of it. They told me to go ahead and register as if I was a new guest and then bring my past guest number and give it to the agent during embarkation. Here is Carnivals number to get your past guest # -

1-800-929-6400 x 83072 (or just ask to speak to someoene regarding your Carnial customer #)

To talk to Fun Pass about any problems, call 1-800-438-6744 and stay on the phone until an operator answers, then ask for a Fun Pass rep.

I hope this helps. If you make sure to have this number with you (I wrote my families numbers directly on the Fun Pass that I printed out), then you should be fine and still be included in the special events your cruise will offer to past guests.
Old May 4th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Whiteknight

Perhaps you guys are too computer literate. I'm just a novice when it comes to computers and I had no problems with the check-in.In answer to the question about waiting until arriving at the port to check in, that's no problem at all. Either way, if you're there several hours before departure, usually around noon, it's relatively easy. By the way, you do not need to know your past guest number. They will ask you at the port if you're a past guest and they will pull it up on their computer.
Old May 4th, 2004, 01:59 PM
jaime

the line for people who did not complete the funpass was shorter than the ones who did complete the pass!!!! a lot shorter. i sailed last week on the glory and we got right in with out completing our funpass. and it didn't take any longer with the carnival reps at embarkation because we did not have it done!!!!!!
Old May 4th, 2004, 06:38 PM
First Mate

The completion of the fun pass will show up on your documents...it will actually say "Fun Pass Completed. It has decreased the amount of forms you have to fill out on your documents and although I'm not sure it gets you to the front of the line quicker...once you are there it takes a lot less time to get processed than those who haven't done the fun pass. This is all fairly new...and they do have some kinks that need to be worked out both online and in the terminal.
Old May 4th, 2004, 07:27 PM
First Mate

Well...I haven't been able to print out our "Fun Passes"...

I hope they get their software glitch fixed before the end of July....*sigh*
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:06 AM
Passenger

Had no problems with Funpass.

Pride 6th June

Old May 5th, 2004, 06:41 AM
Beginner

Just back from the Victory, travelling with a family of 4. I completed the funpass without any problem, printed without problem and the check in was smooth and fast. My brother in law did not complete the fun pass and his line moved much slower and we had lunch and a couple of drinks of the day before he joined us.
If you can get it to work for you it really is faster.
Old May 5th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Passenger

I'm sorry you are having such trouble, I did mine in less than a minute. Just keep checking and if you are still having trouble call carnival and they should be able to help you.

Carnival Destiny June 6, 2004
Old May 5th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Shipbound

I think you mat have to wait until you make the final payment I know I did then checkin
on the fun pass was easy.

Gary
Old May 5th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Captain

Why would they even have a line for FUN pass people. It is just going to get longer and longer as the word gets out to use it. I believe that is is valuable because they will process you mUCH faster is this is done, but WHY create another line. It won't make me feel special if I have to see a LONGER line than just the normal process even if it does move faster.

Sensation

Old May 6th, 2004, 09:35 AM
maho

the lines may be longer for the fun pass but if you notice for the funpass line they may have 10-12 agents working and it really only does take about 5 minutes in these lines
where the no fun pass line may be shorter but they only have 3-5 agents and it takes each one 20 minutes to do thus the line may be shorter but it also moves alot slower
as more and more people use the fun pass I think the more agents they would move into this section
we arrived the night before and they ask all sorts of flight info etc....
just skip this part and say you are arriving by taxi
it saves alot of grief on the fun pass form