Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2004, 05:39 PM
First Mate

Default Post Cards

I sent 2 postcards to family on my latest cruise. This was the first time I tried this and it cost me almost 3 dollars for 2 stamps. Pursuer said it would be mailed at the next port which would have been Calica and on 4-26-04. My sister and my mother have neither recieved them yet and my friend that was with me sent 2 also to family and they don't have them. Just wondering how long that takes.

Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2004, 09:00 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Post Cards

Well im not sure exactly how long but from my experience when we were on the Inspiration in Feb.our post cards arrived 3 wks after we got home and I sent one out at all of our ports .Our poor children thought we forgot about them because we told them wed send post cards ..So expect 3 wks or longer hope that helps....

Old May 8th, 2004, 09:50 PM
First Mate

We've sent post cards from numerous ports and I don't think any of them got there before three weeks.... so like Shelly said....it will probably be at least three weeks - more than likely longer.
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:52 AM
MrsMagoo

I also sent postcards from our last cruise and my family and children didn't get them for like 3 weeks as well. So I hope they do get them.

Sensation

Valor
Old May 9th, 2004, 04:37 AM
First Mate

Thanks all for the replies. I wanted it to be a surprise because I never sent any post cards on other cruises, but after a week I had to ask them if they got them and now my dad is calling everyday saying "are you sure you put the right address?". . Well, guess we will just wait it out. Again thanks for replies.

Old May 10th, 2004, 12:00 PM
maho

put your postcards in envelopes and mail them
I had sent mail on thursday and it reached it's destination by tuesday
from st thomas
it may cost a few cents more
but it will get there days if not weeks earlier
Old May 10th, 2004, 12:17 PM
First Mate

I also sent post cards from the ship, 2nd day. I noticed the post mark on my friends card I sent her was dated the day the ship came back to port and it was also from the port of Tampa. I thought they would send it from the 1st port, but guess not. I like seing the different postage from places and next cruise I will send, even myself, one from the local ports of call. I bought a DVD of my snorkel trip in Grand Cayman and love the postage stamp when it was sent to me.
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:02 AM
BJKeen

I had to send post card from Hell, Grand Cayman, I mean after all how many people can say that they have been to Hell and back? The postal services aboard are not the same as the US Postal Service. I got home before my post cards reached people in the states.
Old May 14th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Passenger

We sent postcards from Nassau (for less than $1) and it arrived in about a week.

I do a little "work around" with my kids, and had another gal from this board (bless her heart) pick me up a couple postcards on her trip ( a few weeks before mine) , and then mailed them to me when she got home. I then wrote them out here (very generically--having a great time, love you, etc) and mailed them a day before we left and the day we left, so at least they got mail while we were gone. My kids are 5 and 9 and I've done this three years in a row now and they've never questioned the postmark! I also buy a bunch of cheap Wal-Mart cards, write messages inside, and have people mail them to my home while we're gone so the kids get mail every day and know how much we love them!