Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Jimmy Roberts

Default just returned from the "Holiday ship"

The food was very good, the cabin was nice, the service was good, the price was great, and the other people were friendly. Overall we had an excellent time! The only negative was that we were on the main floor in the back of the ship and at times the engine was VERY VERY LOUD. It did quiet a lot down once we got going so it was not all bad. I would recommend the Holiday ship for other fist time cruisers.
Sponsored Links
Old May 9th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: just returned from the "Holiday ship"

I think the Holiday is a great ship for first-time cruisers. It does 4 and 5 night cruises to Mexico from New Orleans, and is moving to Mobile, AL., in mid-October. The 4-night goes to Cozumel, and the 5-night goes to Cozumel and Playa del Carmen on the mainland...great shopping place. (But the Coronas are $3.00...ouch!)
Old May 9th, 2004, 09:00 PM
HOSKI

Glad to hear you liked the Holiday. I'll be sailing her for my 8th cruise in Sept. What did you do in each port?
Old May 10th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Jimmy Roberts

In Playa del Carmen we went to a mexican supermarket where the locals shop and basically walked around alot there. In Cozumel went to Paradise beach and shopped. No tours this time but we are going on the Norweigan Sea in November so we'll probably do some then.
All in all it was fun.
Old May 10th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Luvjoy1948

I went on the Holiday in April and it was wonderful. Yes, a perfect ship for a first time cruiser. Glad you enjoyed it. Toni