Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Wendyv2

Default fun pass

i am a first time cruiser. can someone tell me what a fun pass is and how would i get one?
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Passenger

Default Re: fun pass

Once you "offically" book your cruise you can log on to carnival's web site with your booking number and complete some of your ticket information online. This saves it in their database and it supposedly makes it faster to check in since they don't have to enter the info by hand while your standing there. You will get a msg when your done filing in everything that your fun pass is complete. You can print that as proof but as long as you do it in advance of them sending out your tickets it will be noted on the tickets. Hope that helps.
Old May 13th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Sheree Daley

They make it sound a lot funner than it really is. They should call it, pre-check in, it has nothing to do with fun, just getting you registered.

Have a great cruise,
Sheree
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:12 PM
FHall

Does it really make any difference at checkin. We always get there ahead of the airline crowd to avoid long lines.
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:46 PM
First Mate

Actually, we're getting ready for our first cruise too. And at this point, I'm so excited - that every little thing I can do that relates to the trip, is FUN !! Each little item takes me one day closer to that first (hopefully of many) cruise. We've dreamed of this for years - and the fact that in 100 days we're really going, is wonderful !! Tomorrow, we're dropping to "double digits" on days - even THAT is a fun event

We did our fun pass about a month ago - and yesterday we bought our neon-colored luggage ties........I guess maybe we're a little crazy - but that's okay - because "I'M GOING CRUISIN' !!!!

Old May 13th, 2004, 08:10 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

I did my fun pass tonight and what it printed up surprised me. It just has very basic reservation information on it. Is that all its supposed to be? Just proof that its completed?
Do we each need one since both of our names are on this pass?

Old May 13th, 2004, 08:57 PM
elationismyship

The fun pass line was indeed a lot longer than the other line (those that didn't complete the fun pass) and our line did move faster - but it's all relative . . . if you're 100 people back in the fast line and only 50 back in the slow line and the fast line moves 50% faster . . . . . you get the point? Either way its always a shorter line in the non-funpass section and it's just human nature to want to go to the shorter line . . . even if it's not the fastest route . . . . :-)
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:33 PM
FHall

The trick is to get to the port while they are still unloading passengers from the previous cruise. They will let you start checking in as soon as the unloading is complete. This way the only people there are the ones who came down a day early, or drove their vehicle to the port. This way you will be checked in before the bus loads start ariving from the airport..
Old May 14th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Passenger

So, when do the "bus loads start arriving from the airport"? (i.e. at what time or how long before departure?)
(We are traveling with two small children and would prefer to minimize our 'wait in line' time.)
Thanks!
Old May 14th, 2004, 08:28 AM
maho

we got there between 11 and 11:30 and the longest line was for security and there may have been 20 people in that line
then we just breezed through the rest (10 minutes tops)
then we were sent to pick up our s/s card and wait for 10 minutes in a waiting area
after that you went through lines that took your picutre with your s/s card so everytime you go off or on the ship your picture is scanned on the computer to make sure it is you.
then we had our onboard picture snapped and away we went
we were on the ship by 12:15 eating lunch
that's the way to go
get there early and start your vacation
Old May 14th, 2004, 08:52 AM
FHall

Most of the crowd starts around 12 noon. We are at the pier no later than 11 am . Once you check in you are given a color which is used for boarding. Boarding is done in groups of a specific color. When they call your color everyone in that group can board, the others must wait until their color is called. Boarding is done on a first-in, first-out basic. The earlier you check in the earlier you board. Boarding usually begins by 12:30, the latest i have seen is 1:00 pm. Once you board you can go directly to the lido deck where they will be serving lunch. If you eat as soon as you board you can beat the lines. They will serve lunch until 3:00 pm.

So basically you either A: arrive early , check in , sit in chairs in the lobby and wait to board, or B: arrive later in the day and wait in line to check in and board.