Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2004, 11:15 PM
jzagar

Default sail and sail card

here is a question i was just wondering my wife and me were on royal mariner of the sea this past feb and i notice a lot of people always buying drink or what ever here is my question what can happen to some of these people if at the end of your cruise you over look something and ran up a bill on you card on the ship and you can`t cover your bill at the end of the cruise
you see all these people and you just have to wonder what they would do if it turns out you can`t cover the bill
because when we go we keep an eye on everything we buy to make sure we have enough money
i like to hear what some of you think
because if i rember for next years cruise i will ask them on the ship see what they tell me
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2004, 10:42 AM
First Mate

Default Re: sail and sail card

If you use a credit card to back up your S & S card they will check with your credit card company to insure you have enough credit. If you use cash to back it up, you have to post the cash in advance and when you near using up that cash you will be required to post additional cash or your S & S card will be deactivated for purchasing anything.
Old May 15th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Passenger

Default Re: sail and sail card

Hello jz,
Personally we make sure one of our credit cards is way under it's limit before even booking a cruise. You never know what you will buy beforehand whether it's on the ship or on land during a shore excursion.I believe jedgar is right when he/she says if you have no cash or your credit is maxed out you will not be able to purchase anything. However who in their right mind would board a cruise with no money ? One must read the fine print in the cruise brochures to realise that spending a certain amount of money is a virtual certainty.Franky on the the 5 cruises we have taken of 7 days or longer we have averaged over 700 dollars in extra spending. This includes shore excursions,photos,tips,gifts and speciality restraunts on the ships plus of course one or two drinks a day fom the bar. That's why today a cruise which is superb value for money is NOT all inclusive which some agents make out them to be.