Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2004, 06:18 AM
trish35

Default tips on booking excursion on ship?

The other post mentioned her fear of not getting the excursion she wanted. I am really worried because my 7 year old is a dolphin fanatic and we were going to book the dolphin swim independently in Freeport Bahamas, but she is too short to do the swim. They would not book the encounter independently, they said I HAD to book through the ship. Carnival said that I could only book the encounter on board. How quickly can I book once on board? Can we go straight there as soon as we board? Where do we go to book it? (Fantasy) Thanks so much, this is the most important part of the trip for my little girl!
Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2004, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Default Re: tips on booking excursion on ship?

You can book an excursion as soon as you board, just go to the purser's desk or the nearby excursions desk and do it! You will probably get what you want right away. Good luck!

donna

Old May 15th, 2004, 10:52 AM
First Mate

After we got to our cabin we filled out the excursion ticket request form that was waiting for us there. We then headed to the excursion desk where there is usually a box or a slot to put the paper into. I believe we've always gotten the excursions we've wanted.
This is a good reason to be on board ship early...if possible.

Also...I'm not sure when you are cruising....it's my understanding that sometime this summer we may be able to book excursions online so keep watching the boards and Carnival site.
Old May 15th, 2004, 05:51 PM
trish35

Thanks all-we will be sure and book right away. Leaving in 13 days!!!!
Old May 16th, 2004, 06:24 PM
theCoach

I hat to be the bearer of bad news but, you should be prepared an be aware that :
a. There may be too many requests for that apecific excursion and you will not be able to go
b. There aren't enough people interested and the excursion is cancelled.

So be prepared to go out to the pier at that port and bargain with a private cab driver who will offer the same excursion for a lot less money that Carnival charges.

We had two excursions cancelled on us. But wound up saving a ton of money and doing those excursions anyway.